Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Friday night start?

2EgginBeagles
2EgginBeagles Posts: 7
edited August 2012 in EGGtoberfest
Does anyone know if we can start cooking on Friday night?  My brother in law and I are cooking and we were going to start a pork butt on Friday night so it's ready for Saturday early afternoon.  Not sure if they'll let us start Friday night or not though.....Thanks and looking forward to serving some good food!! 

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    No they have never allowed anybody cooking Friday night. If you are camping you could start it Friday night then wrap it and move it over Sat AM. You could also do a turbo butt Sat AM...
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,319
    As some would say-the devil is in the details and based on the above I have never known a BGE to care which day/time it starts :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    edited August 2012
    As some would say-the devil is in the details and based on the above I have never known a BGE to care which day/time it starts :)>-
    Isn't he talking about eggtoberfest?

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    No idea what this is about...???
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• He has posted this question in the EGGtoberfest forum, albeit the OP doesn't specify that.
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47