Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help! Pork Loin surprise. Not sure what to do!

Options
Hub
Hub Posts: 927
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Hi Folks,

I've been a BGE man for quite a while now, but tend to stick with the basics - pork butts, ribs, chicken, steaks, burgers, etc.  Tomorrow I am cooking for a fairly large group of family members who ONLY like basic, basic things (pulled pork sandwiches, burgers, etc.)  One of my relatives made a big deal out of providing me with the pork butt to cook, and today delivered it to me ... a 7.5 pound pork LOIN!?!?!?!!

What in the world do I do with this thing? I've never cooked or served one! I can look up a recipe here, but the problem is these folks only like super basic stuff.  Can I low and slow the loin and chop it just like pulled pork? Should I slice it and serve it on sandwiches? What is the most basic, idiot proof, non-fancy thing I can do with this thing? Please help!!

Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia

Comments