Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Swing rack?

Comments

• CGW1
    CGW1 Posts: 332
    @ audeuce02, I sent you a private message.

I know I sound like a broken record, but once again I really appreciate everyone that has supported this thread and everyone that has been placing orders with us.  Yes this thread has caused me a problem in regards to stock, but that is being resolved.  It may take a little time to fill these orders that have been getting placed as of late, however a big enough run is being made that should keep me in the black for awhile.

So as mentioned on other pages in this thread.  Patience please, as we are working as fast as possible to get these made.

@ Coastal_Egger thanks for the order.
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
  • Dan4BBQ
    Dan4BBQ Posts: 271
    there must be an easier way.  I also have the woo 3.any suggestions???

I do not know of one.  Perhaps it is an accessory that CGW should look into producing.  A deflector that could also be a drip pan to provide indirect heat to the top rack while still using the bottom rack as a direct heat source.  I think it would be easy enough (since I would not have to do it) to design.
    Great idea---franco?
  • timekpr1
    timekpr1 Posts: 151
    A retrofit product would also be needed for current owners.
    Mama always said, Grilling was like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get.
  • CGW1
    That idea has been getting kicked around as of late...so stay tuned. 

@timekpr1 - i agree with your post, so should this idea come to life, no worries for current owners, we'll figure something out.

Lastly another conversation is being had concerning mediums, smalls & mini's....so stay tuned for that also.

Again, thanks to everyone.  Orders are still flowing in.
  • Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    I know I'm picking up a Small Franco. I need a 2-Tier for it or I will be bummed out. Also working with a metal fabricator to make a small carrier for my Jeep :)
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • CGW1
    Ok ok settle down, lol I'll see what I can do.
  • Sgt93
    :)) sounds good. :)
  • Baysidebob
    Baysidebob Posts: 489
    Had some Bockwurst. Had some beer. Had some onions. OK, fire up the BGE!Onions in the 2 Qt. Dutch oven.imageWhen they start to turn golden Dutch oven goes to the top of the Swing-grate and Bockwurst goes on the lower grill.imageTwo beers into the Dutch oven as the Bockwurst grills.imageBockwurst done to my liking and into the beer.imageToast the buns and done.imageEasy dinner took long enough for “me time”.imageConclusions: Wife LOVED them. She doesn’t like sweet Bar-b-que and the beer kept it savory rather than onion-sweet. Next time I’ll try riesling or white zin instead of beer since I have more of a sweet-tooth. I noticed the Bockwurst looked downright mangled coming out of the beer but it shaped itself back up in a couple minutes on a plate. I ran 400 plus and the onions took a very long time (more beer for me). Next time it’s 500. 
    1.jpg 184.5K
    2.jpg 268.3K
    3.jpg 235.2K
    4.jpg 232.1K
    5.jpg 234.2K
    6.JPG 204.8K
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • CGW1
    Great pics bayside!!! What brand dutch oven is that??? I like that thing!!!
  • timekpr1
    timekpr1 Posts: 151
    Moscato if you are really craving sweet.
    Mama always said, Grilling was like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get.
  • CGW1
    Agreed....moscato is awesome, can be a desert wine. I actually make that and merlot. It'll be time to make it soon.
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    I've received my tracking notice for my XL Swing Rack.  Got a new (demo) XL sitting on the deck, waiting for my son to bring me the XL table he is building for me.  Also got shipping notice on an XL Woo2. so by this weekend I should be egged up.
  • Sgt93
    Looks like my BGE Dutch Oven although mine has two handles.
  • Baysidebob
    Baysidebob Posts: 489

Texsport 2 quart. 

My actuary says I'm dead.
  • jedawa
    jedawa Posts: 24
    @ jedawa - thanks for the order, should be able to get something to you soon.  I'll reply to your email order with additional info.

@ cortguitarman - I appreciate the kind words, thanks.
    Thanks Franco, I look forward to it...
    XL Big Green Egg, adjustable rig combo, Woo2, CyberQ, plate setter, Weber Genesis
  • Budgeezer
    Budgeezer Posts: 669
    Just ordered, hopefully you will have them back in stock sooner than later.
    Edina, MN

• CGW1
    @ Budgeezer -Thanks for the order, couldn't agree more with your comment 
    [-O<
  • jedawa
    jedawa Posts: 24
    @CGW1- Got your tracking info, thanks much
    XL Big Green Egg, adjustable rig combo, Woo2, CyberQ, plate setter, Weber Genesis
  • CGW1
    No problem, keep us posted and share your pics.
  • Ok, am I doing something wrong or what? With the plate setter in legs up, and the swing rack in, the post hits the plate setter, making it be pretty high in the dome. Is this normal or do I have something wrong?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168

@ Lizzie-Here's the first response to this thread several years ago or so it seems... and will shed some light on your situation...hopefully this helps explain where you are but no solutions here.

"I have it and find it well-made and very functional.  I use it as my main grid and the swing rack everytime I need to go vertical and expand the cook area. However, several weeks ago there was a thread running where it seems that the set-up I have (allows full range of heights with LBGE platesetter installed) is no longer offered and the current set-up has a few height travel limitations but I don't think they restrict use unless you are trying to get the upper grid down low with the ps in place."

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Sorry, @Lousupcap. It does seem like years ago when the thread was started, I don't tank I had my egg yet! thanks for the reminder. I just went to the site and read about the shaft kits, 6.5" & 5.5" that they are shorter then the standard shaft Of 7.5" that might be what I need to use if PS and not wanting to go high in dome, it's sticking onto dome thermo, (another post)
  • @Lizzie - I had the same problem the other night, ended up turning the bottom Swing Rack grate over, so that the post was pointed up. Before that, the post was impacting the Plate Setter and wouldn't set flush as it should.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Sorry, @Lousupcap. It does seem like years ago when the thread was started, I don't tank I had my egg yet! thanks for the reminder. I just went to the site and read about the shaft kits, 6.5" & 5.5" that they are shorter then the standard shaft Of 7.5" that might be what I need to use if PS and not wanting to go high in dome, it's sticking onto dome thermo, (another post)

No worries- and you are right this thread needs to have resurrection in another life-but that written I believe I gave you my two cents (and that may be an inflated estimate of the worth...) on your other thread.  Wish that it was not such a challenge-but you certainly have the right attitude :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • @Lizzie - I had the same problem the other night, ended up turning the bottom Swing Rack grate over, so that the post was pointed up. Before that, the post was impacting the Plate Setter and wouldn't set flush as it should.
    Never thought of trying that! Thanks!
  • CGW1
    edited August 2012
    Somewhere among the pages of this thread the platesetter shaft kit issues is addressed, but no worries, I'll do it again. You can use the rack system with its 7.5" post, but...if your looking to lower the upper tier for more headroom you will have a problem depending on what your looking to put on the upper tier. When lowering the upper tier you may have 1\4" to 1\2" before you end up hitting the platesetter. The shaft kit contains 2 shorter posts giving you all the lowering ability you need. Hope this helps, as always feel free to contact me.
  • HDmstng
    HDmstng Posts: 192
    How well would a mangrate work with the swing rack?
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    HDmstng said:
    How well would a mangrate work with the swing rack?
    Greatest. Post. Ever.

Citizen Kane clapping
  • CGW1
    Can't see why they wouldn't work, they just get placed on top. I would think it would be fine. Keep us posted.
  • @CGW1, has there been anymore plans for an indirect piece for the top rack? If that would be possible, it would be the absolute perfect setup.
    Mark Annville, PA