Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

mother spider with hundreds of babies

Options
fishman10
fishman10 Posts: 21
edited August 2012 in Off Topic
These are some pictures of a mother spider with hundred of babies I took a few months back.  I shot these with a Canon 5D Mark II and a Canon MP-E 65mm 1x-5x macro lens.

Comments

• BuckeyeBob
    BuckeyeBob Posts: 673
    Options
    Dude, really? Think you are on the wrong forum.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • Outcast
    Outcast Posts: 112
    Options
    It IS in the off topic section....
  • BuckeyeBob
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Yeah but he hasn't made one post having anything to do with BBQ or the BGE so why even come on here?
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • TTBannon
    TTBannon Posts: 14
    Options
    I hope you stepped on all of them. Of made a BBQ of it and got some hair spray and a lighter.
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 18
    edited August 2012
    Options
    He was my reason for posting my ridiculous "Wildlife Photography" thread.  Yes, this is a Egg forum.   :)>-

• BuckeyeBob
    Options
    Rum Runner. That was freakin' hilarious. I too got sucked in initially and then figured it out. Well played!!!!
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    egg forum with an OT section.

odd that the guy never posts anything BGE related, but he's playing by the rules.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • LizzieSamps
    Options
    At least in the OT, does he have a BGE?  Maybe we can convert him. 
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Hillbilly-Hightech Posts: 966
    edited August 2012
    Options

odd that the guy never posts anything BGE related, but he's playing by the rules.
    Egg-sactly what Stike said.  That's why there is an OT section, and he's posting in it.  Nobody's holding a gun to anyone's head, forcing them to click on the link. 

In fact, the only reason I clicked on this thread was to see why it got bumped to the top again (cuz believe me, I HATE spiders).  In fact, I'm GLAD Fishman put his pics in another URL cuz I have NOT, nor will I click on that link!! heh

Anyway, the funny thing was, I had never clicked on Rum_Runner's "Wildlife" thread because I had no interest in it, and only just now clicked on it cuz he commented in here about it being a parody of these types of posts.  (BTW, very funny & well-played Rum_Runner, well-played)

The point is, I didn't know it was a parody, because, as I said, I skipped it cuz I had no interest in it (HINT:  Like you all can do w/ any OT-labeled posts). 

I would agree that if he was posting these pics in the general, or any food-related sections, there should be an outcry.  But "OT" stands for "Off Topic" and, by definition, his posts are certainly "off topic." 

I mean, technically it could be argued that the post about the Pittsburgh Primanti Bro's sammich, or the one about the abbreviations (ie, WTF, LOL, etc), or even Centex's cochinita pibil thread are actually "off topic" for the section they are posted in, whereas Fishman's (albeit eccentric) photography posts are more closely following the rules.

Anyway, as long as he's keeping the posts in the OT section, I see no harm, so how about let's giving him a break?  O:-)
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    Options
    He was my reason for posting my ridiculous "Wildlife Photography" thread.  Yes, this is a Egg forum.   :)>-

I still plan to use them as a bad example.
    :-& :))
  • Rum_Runner
    Options

Be my guest.  They're not copyrighted.   =))
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    Options

Be my guest.  They're not copyrighted.   =))

just pulling your leg..............
  • stike
    Options
    someone please clarify for me what SHOULD get posted in an OT forum if the requirement is that the OT forum stick to BGE threads?

christalmighty.

• dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Options
    someone please clarify for me what SHOULD get posted in an OT forum if the requirement is that the OT forum stick to BGE threads?

christalmighty.

I think we are ready for the tempurpedic vs sleep number discussion now.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    Options

christalmighty.

you are only allowed to post in the OT with your alter egos
  • stike
    Options
    i think you are right.  also, when creating an alter ego to police the OT forum, if possible, complain about too much OT, then accuse people of policing the forum.

his tagline should be
    i quit! i'm back a day later! i quit again! i'm back again!

and of course, it will be because i drove him away. again.

• Rum_Runner
    Options
    Stike,

You've been vindictive and surly ever since your pet gerbil died of asphyxiation.  I have offered you olive branches, but you are having too much fun trying to put people down.

Find me ONE thread where I have been the provocateur against you, and I will apologize.  However, I can probably show hundreds where you have been the instigator.  Have I change my id several times?  Sure.  That is to get a few days reprieve away from your nastiness.  I don't come here to get beat up by some one trick pony.  You had no problem with the "wildlife photography" thread until you read a private message (a new low) and all of a sudden, you were spewing out your venom.

You social networking OT folks have the mantra to just ignore OT posts, yet you raise hell against those who speak up against them.  Why not practice what you preach?

There is a message to you in your inbox offering a peace pact.  Forget it, you are having too much fun.
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options

OmG. I just learned what OT means. Ive been reading posts all day with OT everywhere and i thought it meant "old forum/thread" +500 special brainiac points for me lol
    At least you didn't refer to it as the Over Time thread. :D
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • stike
    Options
    " I have offered you olive branches"
    never. you have asked me to email you directly. you never offered an olive branch

"Find me ONE thread where I have been the provocateur against you"
    i am not doing your homework.  i have long complimented you on your cooking and picsw, you have never once replied to any post of mine in kind.  you simply trot out (four times now) your tired stock fphrase "ad hominem attack".  last time you did that, you said i was too stupid to know what ad himinem meant.  that in itself would be the definition of an ad hominem attack

you **** about OT, yet we know about your guns, water reclamation system, etc.  how did we learn about those things?

you told me once i thought i was "god's gift to photography".  then followed up by giving a newbie grief for posting pics, telling him when "he gets good at photography, maybe he could post here", and referred  him to a photography forum.  you puff your chest out about your photgraphy all the time.  this last thread a case in point.

"you read a private message"
    what private message? where would i read a PM?  i took a guess it was you. because it was re: photography, and it had your stink about it.  wasn't until you replied to me that i knew. thanks for the confirmation.  if there is a PM to be read on an open public forum, how the hell would that count as a PM?  in any case, i didn't read anything. i just have a brain

"yet you raise hell against those who speak up against them"  this is completely unclear. no idea what you mean.  i never rail against OT posts.  i just point out contradictions.  if someone bitches about too many OT posts, then chimes in with OT stuff, is it not fair game to remind them? and i think i did it tongue in cheek.  you get literally apesh!t about OT. to the point where you create a new idea, post fake OT stuff in an effort to mock those that are posting OT stuff.  brilliant plan. 

i don't need a peace pact.  i never once wrote to the moderators asking that you be banned.  i never cooperated with another ex-forum member to hijack someone's account (you need to be careful about IP addresses).  i have (again, numerous times) complimented your work and contributions. 

your the one with a picture of me taped to your monitor, with a target drawn on it.

you claim i chased you out of the old firum, yet you were posting there weeks after i dropped off the radar last summer. but that's not what you tell the mods when you ask for me to be banned.

i once sent you a PM through the forum, you told me you wouldn't respond unless i wrote directly to your private email.  now you send me a PM here, asking for me to reply.

everything you accuse me of is something you yourself have done.  quit trying to take the high road.

"brother from another mother"
    remember that?

• stike
    edited August 2012
    Options
    fwiw... this is fun, no?
     why is everyone (or some) so invested in this place and making it conform?  sure, it's a food forum. but there are interesting people here.  i would like to hear what others do. like i dais, not here for chicken recipes.

there are a lot of people that find this place fun, occasionally frustrating, but helpful in the end.

if that's not good enough, i can't do any more than that, sorry.

this isn't my forum, and it isn't yours either.
    (ps,i checked. no pm in my inbox)
  • Rum_Runner
    Options
    OK, Rob.  Most of what you said above is **** or misinterpretations.  I could refute every one of your statements, but you want to keep the hatred going.  I do not.  I will not respond to any more of your crap.  But keep it up.  That apparently makes you feel like a big man.
  • XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    Options

i think new ID's are in order once again.

• Hillbilly-Hightech
    Hillbilly-Hightech Posts: 966
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Holy taking-internet-too-seriously Batman!!  Some folks seem to think these boards are their life, and that there is some sort of "street cred" status associated w/ being the "guru" for any given subject, and any slight against them is akin to raping their wife!!  :-t

I believe I've mentioned this once before  - but ummmmm... who the F cares what anyone else thinks?  ESPECIALLY a bunch of random, anonymous strangers on a farkin BBQ forum?

When it's all said & done, the only person you have to answer to is yourself - and also take a deep breath & put things in perspective - is a BBQ forum really THAT important in the grand scheme of life?  Does it REALLY matter if someone is the pizza guru, or the dry aging guru, or the wok guru, or the ANYTHING guru?  I seem to have missed the cash awards or the "atta boy" stickers for becoming a "guru" of something when I joined this forum... also, I don't recall my last job performance review asking me how many BBQ posts I had or how good my brisket was and my boss using that as a guide to help drive my next promotion.

I mean, come on - changing one's username, "quitting" a forum, then coming back under a new username, not attending an Eggfest, trying to dictate what should & should not be acceptable in the off-topic section, going completely off the deep end about perceived slights from a member on a BBQ forum - all these actions are the direct result of letting OTHER people control you and drive your choices.

I say this w/ all sincerity - but these back-and-forth episodes of manic outbursts might be an indicator of a much bigger problem, and I'd highly recommend getting checked out & possibly getting some help. Not trying to be smarmy, or mean, or anything, but trying to say "hey, take a deep breath, take a time out, take a look around & see what's happening, why do I care so much what other's think of me?  Why do I care so much about what gets posted on a BBQ forum?"

As far as perspective - THINK ABOUT THE FOLLOWING: there are soldiers getting blown up by IEDs, there are kids getting abused by pedophiles, there are women getting acid thrown on their faces for being in public, there are school kids getting blown up for trying to become educated, there are dissidents being tortured & slaughtered by their own Government, there are families making a decision about which member gets to eat that day - all this going on as we speak...

...and then there are folks complaining about some dude posting spider pics on a BBQ forum...

Talk about 1st World Problems... :-O

(and then I slap my own self in the forehead for responding to the nonsense - but sometimes, a reality check has to be issued)...
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • stike
    Options
    gary, i can post evidence if you want
    hahahaha

but if i were like that, i would have posted it at the time.

i am not the one who keeps starting these little tete a tetes.  a reminder.  all i did in this thread was say "welcome back gary".  and you blew your cover. you could have ignored me and i'd have assumed i was wrong.  nope.  off come the gloves from gary.

if you would like to send an email to the forum mods about how i am following you around (despite your quitting and coming back three times, i mean), please do so.  i never once made a demand that any member's account be deleted.  and if i really felt that way, i'd say it here.

get a hobby.  i am not your frigging moby ****.  but if you continue to **** with me, i will **** back.  i never cheered when you left the previous three times.  and i didn't harp on you. get off my back. you make others out to be the instigator, when it is almost always you.

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Can somebody clarify for those of us who usually don't pay attention to stuff like this....who was Rum Runner before?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Outcast
    Outcast Posts: 112
    Options

Can somebody clarify for those of us who usually don't pay attention to stuff like this....who was Rum Runner before?
    Captain Morgan ?
  • tazcrash
    Options
    Griffin said:

Jack Sparrow
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
  • ccpoulin1
    ccpoulin1 Posts: 390
    Options

WHO CARES????  It seems there is some hostility between them.  If they are gentlemen, they can work it out or avoid each other.  This is a big problem on the internet, it is easy to throw stones when you are sitting behind your computer.  We have lost the ability to interact with each other in a civil manner.  Pull yourselves up by your own boot straps and be men (all of us!)

"With malice toward none, with charity for all"  Abraham Lincoln

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I'm just trying to clarify in my head. Was Rum Runner Gary? Or was it Tweev? Or are they the same? Or am I way off?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• tazcrash
    Options
    So, anyone have an opinion on a good cast iron 2 level grid? 
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!!