Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

amazing sunsets

fishman10
fishman10 Posts: 21
edited August 2012 in Off Topic
These are some really pretty sunset photographs I took.  I used my HTC Evo for some since I didnt have my camera with me.  The others were with a Canon Rebel t3i.  The bright orange ones are vergo, where the rain never hits the ground but evaporates before it makes it to the ground.

Comments

• Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 18
    edited August 2012
    Actually, sunsets are one of my specialties.  I won't say how much I sold this beauty to Travel Magazine for, but it was in the 5 figures, if you know what I mean.
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    @ Rum_Runner you must be a real joy to be around.

Gerhard
  • stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990
    What no flowers or squirrels?
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    This is the only one I have from an Alaskan cruise I took in may.
    080.JPG 335.1K

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Ellis
    Ellis Posts: 195
    Rum Runner I still like the dead tree with the telephone pole. The sunset not so much, may be after a couple of Mai Tai's.  The 5 figures is a good one.
  • newegg13
    newegg13 Posts: 231
    Rum Runner is like Condescending Wonka. I want to be like him.
    Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL
  • Since we appear to be sharing sunset shots...

@Rum_Runner... what do you think of this one?

I love your photos!  Beautiful!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Since we appear to be sharing sunset shots...

@Rum_Runner... what do you think of this one?

That's a great start, Hapster.  Your subject seems to be backlit, but that's a very advanced topic and at your stage of development, you should not have to be concerned with the more complicated aspects of photography.  Good show, overall.  
    =D>
  • See message to you.
  • I laughed my ass off at "Dinosaurs Among Us". Funny stuff.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • A
    hapster said:

@Rum_Runner...

It appears that I was duped (a little sensitive it seems to issues surrounding photography...) by your well played piece of humor regarding the inspiration and origins of your "Wildlife Photography" thread. I am normally not that dense...

Let me take this opportunity to publicly apologize for my comments on the "Wildlife Photography" regarding your real or imagined artistic talents. They were made sincerely; but that was before the light bulb came on as to the brilliance of your original premise for the thread.

As to the comments and critiques you made in this thread regarding my sunset image... You Sir, are a hoot :)

Please know that I really don't take myself that seriously most times...

Anyway... Well played
    =D>

Hap- as you now know, you have been punked. Gotta watch these cats around here. Some funny dudes (and dudettes)
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    I just found it surprising how quickly the pitchforks came out

Lotta folks quick to **** around here. One of the reasons so many left the 'old' forum. (:|
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    I just found it surprising how quickly the pitchforks came out Lotta folks quick to **** around here. One of the reasons so many left the 'old' forum. (:|
    It's called "the circle of life", stike. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • stike said:

Lotta folks quick to **** around here. One of the reasons so many left the 'old' forum. (:|

stike said:

It's called "the circle of life", stike. 
    That one brought me to tears as well. Too funny
  • stike
    edited August 2012
    I mean, cmon. You have to be a frustrated, angry, friendless, old crotchety bastard to get upset about OT stuff in an OT forum. We had a guy like that. He finally quit. Though he keeps coming back. He even posted as egret once

Ahem
  • stike
    edited August 2012
    Reminds me a little of my brother from another mother

Hey. Totally unrelated. Am i the only one who can see the email addresses associated with each account? I had moderator status very briefly on the old forum and wonder if that somehow 'ported' here when they made the switch.

Hmmmm
    I'll check with fidel and a few other denizens of the other forum to see what they see. Fidel was a mod for a while too. Until they shut us down hahaha
  • stike
    If this guy posts a pic of his cistern we'll simply have to excuse him for cluttering the OT section with his own OT stuff

He only gets mad about other people's OT crap. Not his

I may be wrong
    It happened once before
    :)>-
  • Well, i still thought it was hilarious. dinosaurs among us? That's gold right there!
  • stike
    I thought it was funny too. I dont hold grudges. I remember stuff, but i am generally pretty mellow.
    More power to him
  • hapster said:

Well I certainly needed that...

@Rum_Runner 's PM to me was the just the topper this whole thing needed. Still drying my eyes from laughing

I am just as quick to say I'm wrong as I am to say I'm right... Usually though there isn't quite as much laughing involved :))

I was laughing from the start. Well orchestrated and really funny. I've certainly had to laugh at myself on here a few times too so you are not alone. Glad you had a good sense of humor about it.....cuz it was funny.
  • stike
    What i found odd was how hard people were hitting. Assume it's real: why be such a ****? Assume it's a joke: it's just a joke, ease up

-shrug emoticon-

Lot of people were quick to be the ****

• What i found odd was how hard people were hitting. Assume it's real: why be such a ****? Assume it's a joke: it's just a joke, ease up

-shrug emoticon-

True (and quite poetic). I saw it for what it was from the start so i thought it was funny. But peeps do get all spring loaded in the pissed off position on here sometimes. Been guilty myself (sorry A2Z). But this one was funny from the start to me. Hap copped to it so he gets a pass from me (as if that means anything). Via Con Dios Hap- you got a pass from Centex =))
  • Now that I think about it, can we just talk more about swing racks? I have a fever, and the only prescription is more swing rack.
  • hapster said:

What i found odd was how hard people were hitting. Assume it's real: why be such a ****? Assume it's a joke: it's just a joke, ease up

-shrug emoticon-

True (and quite poetic). I saw it for what it was from the start so i thought it was funny. But peeps do get all spring loaded in the pissed off position on here sometimes. Been guilty myself (sorry A2Z). But this one was funny from the start to me. Hap copped to it so he gets a pass from me (as if that means anything). Via Con Dios Hap- you got a pass from Centex =))
    Thanks C-T... I am not normally a douche, just completely missed this one. :)

Was not implying that you were anything of the sort. Honestly, was laughing that you took the bait so hard. I figured you would sniff it out- as you did. Rank amateur????? That was gold.
  • stike
    hapster... it wasn't you, and it wasn't the others. it was the aggregate of four in a row from entirely reasonable people, all relatively fresh to the whole koombaya forum thing here, who were quick to pounce.

one dude was a self professed evangelical lover of his fellow man.  except for those that dare post sh!tty pics in the OT forum.  hmmm.  how very 'loving' of one's fellow man :)

the best thing for the forum is someone who is passionate.  the worst thing for the forum is when that passion turns to ownership, and you start feeling it's ok to be defining what OTHER people ought to be doing on the forum because that thing is what YOU prefer.

i dinged travis today, and it didn't make me feel that great.  but he had picked up the flag that was planted by 'others' here that there's TOO MUCH O/T ON THE EGG FORUM!!.  and then a few posts later was mentioning his preferred mattress brand, and talking about his day job.

i think the mattress tip was a good one (been considering one of them for years now).  and i appreciate hearing from others what they do.  i'm not here just for fvcking chicken recipes.

but i did find it odd that someone would be on someone else's case for OT postings, but feel they could decide when their own OT was worthwhile. it's not him.

it's happened before.

it's still happening.

this isn't my forum.  nor yours. nor anyone else's.
    they'll let us know when we aren't playing nice.  til then, just play nice.

that said, someone wants to d!ck with me i have no problem doing it back :))

and if someone wants to open a novelty account here to screw with us, because they can't stay away from a place they declared they have no damn use for anymore... well.  no answer for that.  that says a whole helluva lot more about them than it does about us. 

• hapster... it wasn't you, and it wasn't the others. it was the aggregate of four in a row from entirely reasonable people, all relatively fresh to the whole koombaya forum thing here, who were quick to pounce.

one dude was a self professed evangelical lover of his fellow man.  except for those that dare post sh!tty pics in the OT forum.  hmmm.  how very 'loving' of one's fellow man :)

the best thing for the forum is someone who is passionate.  the worst thing for the forum is when that passion turns to ownership, and you start feeling it's ok to be defining what OTHER people ought to be doing on the forum because that thing is what YOU prefer.

i dinged travis today, and it didn't make me feel that great.  but he had picked up the flag that was planted by 'others' here that there's TOO MUCH O/T ON THE EGG FORUM!!.  and then a few posts later was mentioning his preferred mattress brand, and talking about his day job.

i think the mattress tip was a good one (been considering one of them for years now).  and i appreciate hearing from others what they do.  i'm not here just for fvcking chicken recipes.

but i did find it odd that someone would be on someone else's case for OT postings, but feel they could decide when their own OT was worthwhile. it's not him.

it's happened before.

it's still happening.

this isn't my forum.  nor yours. nor anyone else's.
    they'll let us know when we aren't playing nice.  til then, just play nice.

that said, someone wants to d!ck with me i have no problem doing it back :))

and if someone wants to open a novelty account here to screw with us, because they can't stay away from a place they declared they have no damn use for anymore... well.  no answer for that.  that says a whole helluva lot more about them than it does about us. 

Geez dude. Where's my tin foil hat? Conspiracy theories abound.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I call this one, "Woulda been an amazing sunset (if not for the time of day, clouds and oil)".   It's copyrighted, so better not try selling to Nat Geo.

You should never, never doubt what nobody is sure about.
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    The T-shirt says: "We're bringing oil to American shores."