Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

re-heating butt....

Options
kennyk
kennyk Posts: 6
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Was curious on how to re-heat butt from an overnight cook.......Should I pull it first or re-heat then pull...

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    edited August 2012
    Options

I'm in the "pull it when ready to eat" after the cook but if that's a few days down the road, then pull when it comes off the BGE.  Seal and reheat when ready to eat-some use fancy sous-vide(sp?)equipment, you can reheat zip-loc bags in hot water, toss the pork in a crock pot with sauce, put in a shallow pan with sauce in a low temp oven.  Bottom-line pull when cooked than reheat otherwise you will have to reheat the whole butt again and it will lose most of its moisture.  But just an opinion and we all know what those are worth.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.