Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's everyone cooking this weekend?

Options
2»

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Hi-rise mesh bikini briefs?
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I go with the Borat look. I find the ladies really dig it

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • njl
    njl Posts: 1,123
    Options
    I got a Farmland 3-slab pack of baby backs from Costco.

I'm thinking of trying a 2-2-1 with a beer boat for the middle stage.  It worked out pretty well for the brisket a couple weeks ago.
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Options

Some of the fellows might too!  :))

I bought a 13.5 lb brisket earlier this week and I plan on smoking the point half on saturday, and the flat is brining till sunday for pastrami. I also ground a pound for burgers on tuesday that were quite tasty.

I ate a pastrami sammy at Hershels east side deli in Reading Terminal Market (philadelphia, pa) today, and although it was tender it didn't have quite the flavor as my last pastrami from the egg. (BTW my friends thought that Hershels pastrami was dilish)
  • JWBurns
    JWBurns Posts: 344
    Options
    @stike do you ever cook, or just give great advice?

:)
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Some of the fellows might too!  :))

I bought a 13.5 lb brisket earlier this week and I plan on smoking the point half on saturday, and the flat is brining till sunday for pastrami. I also ground a pound for burgers on tuesday that were quite tasty.

I ate a pastrami sammy at Hershels east side deli in Reading Terminal Market (philadelphia, pa) today, and although it was tender it didn't have quite the flavor as my last pastrami from the egg. (BTW my friends thought that Hershels pastrami was dilish)
    Nice. I'm sure you can do better pastrami at home. I can't wait to fire up my Charcuterie book! I also can't wait to dig a hole in the ground an bury a pig.

As far as the Borat look on a beach in TX goes.....not sure dude in jacked up truck with rebel flags flapping from dual smokestack exhaust pipes (my only drawback about living in TX, but he is everywhere) is ready to see borat running down the beach. that would not end well
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • tenorman
    tenorman Posts: 23
    Options
    Did a pepperoni pizza on Friday night, will do a pork loin on Saturday...pics will be posted.
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Options
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    @jwburns: I tend to post my cooks (few interesting ones these days) on the dreaded other forum, but have cross pollinated here too.

I did unwrap my prosciutto today to see how she was doing. 425 days at room temp (hence my impatience with people throwing out a steak after three days). Needs more time

I de-larded and rehung
    Lamb ham gets smoke tomorrow. Bresaola got round two of the cure. All of this by the book and not at all due to my imagination

And, now that i think of it, none of it actually a 'cook'
    :)
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
     And, now that i think of it, none of it actually a 'cook' :)
    Glad you said it. I was ready to point it out. 

prosciutto Mmmmmm
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Simply_Smokin
    Options
    Ribeyes and Apple Pies in an apple on Saturday, not sure about Sunday yet.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

My calendar got jammed this weekend so I'm left with doing something relatively quick.  It's always like this the last few weekends of summer and the whole month of December.  Come on Labor Day!

Flint, Michigan
  • SmokinCow
    Options
    The wife is begging for a pizza out of the egg...so I'm cooking a brisket.  Just kidding.  I'll be doing my first pizza on Saturday and some ribeyes on Sunday.
  • gte1
    gte1 Posts: 379
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Flap steak tonight, out tomorrow and lamb chops on Sunday. Egg Good!!!!
    George