Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rotisserie Lemon Chicken

Richard Fl
Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Thought I would do a lemon chicken on my large Imperial Kamado which has a Rotisserie unit. Did indirect 60 minutes 300F then finished 30 minutes direct. Used rosemary twigs for smoke. Great flavor, nice and moist and krispy.

See some chicken fried rice in the future:

Wonder what size whole pig would fit on the spit??

Richard Melbooooring Fl.
"KING OF LONEY", SELF APPOINTED!!!!!

IF YOU WANT TO DRINK ALL DAY, YOU HAVE TO START IN THE MORNING!!

LAGER PRAYER
OUR LAGER, WHICH ART IN BARRELS, HALLOWED BE THY DRINK, THY WILL BE DRUNK, AT HOME AS IT IS IN THE TAVERN. GIVE US THIS DAY OUR FOAMY HEAD, AND FORGIVE US OUR SPILLAGES, AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO SPILL AGAINST US, AND LEAD US NOT TO INCARCERATION, BUT DELIVER US FROM HANGOVERS. FOR THINE IS THE BEER, THE BITTER, THE LAGER.

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    looks good. Used to do a lot of spit birds, but since discovering a split bird, spatchcock, I don't think there is any going back to a spit but your photos bring back some memories. Like the idea of rosemary twigs for smoke. Often wondered if there was a use for them once all the leaves had been stripped.Thanks!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • looks great!! I miss my rotisserie from my gasser, but love spatchcock as well. How do you get a rotisserie rig up for  ceramic grill? I'm new to this...
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    edited August 2012
    I bought a used Imperial Kamado 3 years back and it was either made to have a motor on the band in the back or the previous owner modified it. There are grooves in the front and back for the spit.