Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Louisville

Options
JJ
JJ Posts: 951
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This weekend, My wife Kathy and I were in Lousiville for her book signing tour and had the most pleasant opportunity to have dinner Friday Night with Fritz & Mary Gutwein and their terrific son Brandon. You all know Fritz and his family from his posts here on our forum and from EGGtoberfest 99. The next time any of you are in Louisville make it point to get together with these terrific members of our family. Get to know your "Relatives" as you travel.

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    JJ,
    I try to meet as many of these great folks as I can. Aint too many sour grapes here! Fritz and family are up on the top of the list. Keep me posted on when you and Kathy make it up near our area.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    JJ,[p]Great advice as always. In the last couple of years on the road, I've had the distinct pleasure of hooking up with J Appledog and hubby Steve, ScottyB of that other ceramic forum and most recently Cat and Hubby Roy in NYC. All great times and all great folks. This is what family is all about.[p]K~G

• Bama Fire
    Bama Fire Posts: 267
    Options
    JJ,
    While on our honeymoon in Hawaii, my new bride and I tracked down Kona Tim on the big island. This forum does provide great "networking" opps -- a great way to meet people all over our great country![p]b~f

• Fritz
    Fritz Posts: 179
    Options
    JJ,[p]Thanks for the kind words. And right back at ya. :-)
    We certainly did enjoy dinner with you and Kathy as well.[p]Saturday night we made pizza on the BGE. We made two differnt kids. One was Mediterranean Style with pesto and yogurt as a thin sauce with feta cheese, shrimp and calamatta olives as the toppings. The other was "Brandon's Stuffed Crust Pizza". He came up with the idea of putting string cheese around the edge of a pizza and rolling it up so the crusty edge is stuffed with cheese. Ofcourse it was topped with tomato sauce, pepperoni and mozzrella cheese.[p]MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm good.[p]BTW JJ, the shrimp pizza came from the St. Matthews Seafood Company on Lexington Road I told you about. When we went by there on Saturday they had a kamado out front. Some guy was out there cooking salmon and trout. I had never sen one of these things before. It is not as impressive as the BGE. It is much bigger, looks clumsier and I was not too impressed with the results when compared to the BGE. I guess I am gonna have to talk to the owner and get my BGE our front one Saturday.[p]Fritz