Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Warranty registration

Options
michigan_jason
michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Ok, I got my new large and the dome is still clean so I was able to get the numbers off of it to register it. Now anyone know a good way to get the numbers from the dome of the XL that is pure black? I have done a semi clean burn with the plate setter in , and all turned white except for the dome. Do I do a nuclear burn and no plate setter? Or is there a better way?

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

Comments

• Hic
    Hic Posts: 350
    edited August 2012
    Options

As long as you have your receipt you should be fine. I bought mine at an eggfest a few years back and just registered it about 2 months ago with the #.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    take a brush to the dome or foil and rub where the numbers are . i got my lg as a demo and thats how i got my numbers 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.