Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wicked Good Barbeque Cookbook

Options
ChanningJohnson
ChanningJohnson Posts: 40
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
My wife got me this for my birthday and I've really been enjoying both the story (How a bunch of yankees started at the bottom and rose to the top of some of the biggest bbq competitions) and the recipes. There's a mix of everything, but if you like to go over the top and follow dozens of steps and buy hard-to-find ingredients then you'll enjoy the challenges in this book. Definitely not a week night cookbook.

Comments

• Ellis
    Ellis Posts: 195
    Options
    I'm with you on that Johnson, mine came about 2 wks ago, read through most of it but have not tried anything yet. Seems like alot of work.
  • JEC23
    JEC23 Posts: 131
    Options
    A guy I know on a UK forum has been using this and the results definetly match the effort, it's on my list of books to get
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options
    just got the kindle version. So I can read it on the go and have it available everywhere.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• gte1
    gte1 Posts: 379
    Options

I downloaded the sample on the Ipad but haven't had time to read it yet.  Not sure if there are any recipies on the sample.  Is there a lot of basting, injecting etc with really high sugar sauces?

I bought Myron Mixon's book and everything contains so much sugar, I haven't really tried anything from it.

George

George
  • ChanningJohnson
    Options
    My parents came into town last night and I did the Korean BBQ Sandwiches. Everybody remarked on the complexity of the flavors and how delicious it was. But it required visits to two asian markets, a 24-hour marinade, making my own bbq sauce and transitioning multiple times between indirect and direct cooking. And I picked this recipe because it was more simple than many of the others : )

The Korean BBQ did use a lot of sugar in the sauces. I'm not sure about the other recpies.