Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm twice as large as I used to be - what should I do about it?

COegger
COegger Posts: 58
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
My husband gave me a second Egg for our anniversary!  I thought I had asked for a Medium (I already have a Large) but he thought another Large was more practical.  I can't decide if I should keep the Large or trade it in for a Medium.  I mainly cook for just the two of us and wanted two Eggs for the two temperature option, large cooks for entertaining and pizza mass production.  I'm tempted to keep the second Large - except that I feel I would use less charcoal and get a fire going faster with a Medium.  Do the positives of a second Large outweigh this?  Any help with this awesome dilemma would be appreciated!

Comments

• brianwdmn
    brianwdmn Posts: 371
    All you accessories would be interchangable.
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669

(IMO) trade it back for a Mini and take the cash and buy all kinds of cool crap for both.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Take back and get a small.  LBGE and a SBGE is a beautiful combo.  It's very capable and travels well.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Take back and get a small.  LBGE and a SBGE is a beautiful combo.  It's very capable and travels well.

+1 to Cazzy if you need an egg to use for travel. However, if you're solely using it in your place and not travel much, I would say keep the large. Don't see much difference between med and large and you save the cost of the accessories to get for medium.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• cazzy
    Oh, since Mickey posted a pic of his combo, I feel compelled to do the same:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Come join the large/small family! :D
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Cazzy, I'd sell that small and buy some turf, natural or synthetic for that backyard!

Just kidding, lol!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• JerkChicken
    JerkChicken Posts: 551
    I have a lot of eggsessories that only fit the lbge so I'd be inclined to keep the second large for interchangeability.
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • cazzy
    YEMTrey said:

Cazzy, I'd sell that small and buy some turf, natural or synthetic for that backyard!

Just kidding, lol!

Niiice! I'm actually very happy there isn't any grass back there. One less thing I don't have fail at remembering or making the time to do.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited July 2012
    Oh, since Mickey posted a pic of his combo, I feel compelled to do the same: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Come join the large/small family! :D
    Cazzy you have one of the very best looking tables on both forums Sir.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• cazzy
    Oh, since Mickey posted a pic of his combo, I feel compelled to do the same: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Come join the large/small family! :D
    Why thank you sir!  And you throw the best dang Eggfest on both forums! :)
  • Oh, since Mickey posted a pic of his combo, I feel compelled to do the same: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Come join the large/small family! :D

+1 I agree. Cazzy's table is beautiful. I have unabashed table envy. In fact...I'm GREEN with it! Haha...nothing like posting after a few Jack & Cokes!!!
  • misu
    misu Posts: 213
    Keep the large and get a mini next year
  • bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760

You know what - you should give him a hard time, complain how he doesn't listen to you, how typical of him to do this and stuff. By the time his ears are falling off from listening to you, I think he'll be ready to get you a small/mini on top of a large this year - well, at least I would if I'm in that position =))

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts