Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

bbq sauce

Preacher
Preacher Posts: 4
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am new to the bge, I got my dad's old large bge and I love it. Always thinking of what I am going to cook next. I have a request if I may.
I have played around and found a rub that I like but I haven't found a bbq sauce that I like.
Anybody willing to give a recipe or suggestions?

Comments

• Greendriver
    Greendriver Posts: 128
    I've been told mine was pretty good a lot of times, but I ain't never wrote down exact amounts. Here's the stuff and approximate amounts to make it. 3 cups ketchup, 1 cup vinegar, 1 cup water - before adding the other spices put this in a deep metal pan you can whisk it up real good while it's cold cause it will separate if you wait till you heat it to mix it. I use several tbs worchestershire, several big shakes of liquid smoke, couple tbs paprika, chili powder, and black pepper, tsp of celery seed, tobasco to taste. I try to make it a non-sweet (plenty of sweet in ketchup), vinegary, and thin sauce that you can sqeeze out of a bottle. If you just experiment with those ingredients and taste test you can come up with a good sauce.
  • Thanks!!!

I will give that a try.