Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Debauchery Pizza 7-29-12

Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 5,160
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Last meal before a two week diet reset, you know protein shakes, small portions of lean meats, no booze.   It's called paying the piper.  Yea!

We did chick and dude pizzas.  The chick pizza was mixed sweet peppers, onions, sausage, pepperoni, "Mexican" cheese, and provolone.

The dude pizza mixed sweet peppers, onions, fried ham with jalapeno, pepperoni, "Mexican" cheese, and mushrooms.

Both done on Publix dough at the recommended 400.  Stone and dome well heated and stable.  First time with a raised in the dome stone, which I think made results much better.

After this expect less creative, but more healthy pics for awhile.

Pics to follow.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to my daughter), MBGE and lots of toys

Comments

• BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
    nice pies!
    =D>
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 5,001
    As usual, looks outstanding. Way to go Doc. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    How are your fledgelings doing? Have they been home for some of dad's cooking yet?
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    We always called this "binging" before the diet.  Fat Sunday 

• Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 5,160
    How are your fledgelings doing? Have they been home for some of dad's cooking yet?
    Ha, they're on an Alaska cruise honey moon.  We went to Disney for ours.  Last Tweet I got, they were eating at Humpy's Great Alaska Ale House in Anchorage.

• lwrehmlwrehm Posts: 297

"No Booze", as long as beer is not booze, I'm in. 

• tactical_66tactical_66 Posts: 206
    I am a fan of booze and Egging. I have cut back on beer and only have half a dozen or so Gin and Tonics.
    I am a fan of booze and Egging. I have cut back on beer and only have half a dozen or so Gin and Tonics.
    Bombay Saphire, Tonic, and a Key Lime. AKA  Nectar from heaven. 
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,628
    Is that the ham u made? Either way how's the ham?

XLBGE 
  • Smoker_GuruSmoker_Guru Posts: 372
    Those are some good looking pies!!
  • ccpoulin1ccpoulin1 Posts: 390

Looks great!  I did pizza for the first time myself yesterday from scratch.  They were nothing short of awesome.  Maybe i will post some pics later.  ( i don't want to hijack this thread)  I have to go on a diet myself..........too much awesome egg food and beer.  I guess today is the day to start!

Have a great day everybody!

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• awsome lookin pies right there

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,673
    Mmmmm....pizza. Drool. Nicely done, Sir! Good luck on your diet. I'd recommend not visiting here while you are on it.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Mmmmm....pizza. Drool. Nicely done, Sir! Good luck on your diet. I'd recommend not visiting here while you are on it. I
    forgot to mention, i used your pineapple upside down cake recipe and it came out great as well!  Thank you!

Ok, let's see if my pictures upload ok.  these were the pizzas i cooked last evening

Is that the ham u made? Either way how's the ham?
    No, just some I had left in the sandwich drawer.  We did have my homemade Canadian Bacon with breakfast.  C-Bacon, pancakes, eggs, with pink champagne.  Now that's breakfast.

Ok, let's see if my pictures upload ok.  these were the pizzas i cooked last evening

Pineapple is not a pizza thing for me, but very interesting colors and textures.

Me either, but i have to keep the wife and my daughter happy.  One is bacon and onion, the other is homemade canadian bacon and pineapple......