Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lizzie's big fun group cook

LizzieSamps
LizzieSamps Posts: 894
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
So after all the fun last week, what are we cooking this weekend? Suggestions are being taken. I have never done ribs so they are game. Still have PP in the fridge food saved and having brisket Sammie's tonight? So what should we do? I have a BIG bottle of Vodka calling my name and I bought a Maverick 732. Excited it get to using it!

Comments

• chuff
    chuff Posts: 255
    I'm doing a brisket and a butt tonight. I also have some ribs in the fridge, but I don't like leftover ribs so I think I'm going to save them for Monday.
    XL BGE
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Picking up a packer brisket tomorrow to do . will be my first ever full brisket butcher is holding a 15 ponder for me . hope its not a major fail 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • My egg is out of commission tonight. My table is all torn down to re-varnish and I'm taking the lid off to install a new nomex gasket as soon as the temp gets below 100 this evening. Probably jump in the pool and then work while I dry off. man it's hot.

But......I'll be watching your cooks because they make me laugh (and they turn out some great food too)

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • chuff
    chuff Posts: 255
    Your temp drops below 100 in the evening? Lucky. I'm jealous.
    XL BGE
  • Your temp drops below 100 in the evening? Lucky. I'm jealous.
    around 8 or so lately.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    82 F here.   Unusually cool for New Orleans in late July.  Been raining every day in recent memory, it seems....  Gotta mow the lawn every 5 days..
    I have never done ribs so they are game.
    I am going to do some more ribs probably tomorrow. When are you wanting to do the cook?
       -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • BBQBeerman
    BBQBeerman Posts: 62
    Doing 2 butts tomorrow for MIL70th B-day
    Life is short,love what you do or do something else
  • LizzieSamps
    82 F here.   Unusually cool for New Orleans in late July.  Been raining every day in recent memory, it seems....  Gotta mow the lawn every 5 days..
    We have not mowed the lawn since May!
    My egg is out of commission tonight. My table is all torn down to re-varnish and I'm taking the lid off to install a new nomex gasket as soon as the temp gets below 100 this evening. Probably jump in the pool and then work while I dry off. man it's hot.

But......I'll be watching your cooks because they make me laugh (and they turn out some great food too)

Out of Commision Egg, Oh No! I hope you have some left overs to make it through!
    Not sure about a big cook this weekend... Just doing some tuna steaks, asparagus, and grilled peaches for dinner tonight.

I like the BIG bottle of vodka idea though :) I have a bottle of Goose Orange calling my name from the freezer :))

Yup, gotta love those COSTCO size bottles!!
  • ncbbq
    ncbbq Posts: 257
    I say go for the ribs. I will not be egging for a while as I am out of town this weekend. Back to work for three days and off to vacation which will have me out of town the next two weekends. I will miss the egg but ready for vacation. Hopefully you guys will pull off another group cook.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    edited July 2012
    Tomorrow I'll be doing boneless chicken breast, pig shots for an app, and smoked green beans.  A wonderful recipe I picked up at Porkopolis.
    There will be lots of booze and Allman Bros on the stereo.  Gonna be a great Egg'n day!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Doing an overnight Boston butt tomorrow, and planning a special dessert for Sunday from the Egg. If it works, I'll have pics, and if not, I'll still have major failure pics.
    eggteeth Posts: 52
    I'd be lazy and get some steaks to sear.  No prep work, just grip it and rip it.  Do ribs next Saturday, when you have planned for ribs.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    An evening of apps.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Smity
    Smity Posts: 57
    Just put in a pork shoulder and a brisket :D
  • LizzieSamps
    Tomorrow I'll be doing boneless chicken breast, pig shots for an app, and smoked green beans.  A wonderful recipe I picked up at Porkopolis.
    There will be lots of booze and Allman Bros on the stereo.  Gonna be a great Egg'n day!
    Hey, could you share those recipes?  
  • LizzieSamps
    Alright, will be watching, just keep the phone out of the egg, it does not add to the smoke flavor!
  • Smity
    Smity Posts: 57

Smity said:

Alright, will be watching, just keep the phone out of the egg, it does not add to the smoke flavor!
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Here is the shoulder. Took the brisket off when I was still sleeping so it's in the cooler( pics later) good thing I didn't put my phone in or you wouldnt get to see :D