Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fathers Day Newbie HELP

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm a fairly recent newbie with my big green buddie. Done steaks, chops, burgers on it. Today I'll be hosting a family gathering. I went to Sam's Club and picked up a boneless pork loin, 9 pounder, cut in two chunks so it will fit (and also to use two separate rubs). I've smoked these on a traditional water smoker before, and it took close to 6 hours. Any suggestions on temperature to use for the Egg, and how long approximately it will take. Of course I don't have much time to figger this out.[p]Thanks for the support![p]

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    PLoin05_14_0018_32_01.jpg
    <p />MNMacQ, The last one that I made I did at a dome temp of 350 degrees - I put it on at 4:30 and it was done just prior to 6:30 - I took it off at an internal temp of 160 - sonme will tell you that it can come off a little sooner.[p]Good luck!

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    MNMacQ:[p]Just want to second Gfw's cooking suggestion. I tend to pull mine at an internal of 155*. Longer, slower cooks produce shoe leather for this lean cut . . .

• Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    Options
    MNMacQ,
    You've heard from two of the "Eggsperts"! If Tim M or Nature Boy jump in there, you'll have a 'forum' of eggspertise to draw from. Seriously, any of the four will show you how to do a porkloin to puuuurrrrrfection! So will a lot of others here on the forum. Follow their advise and your famioly will think you are the expert![p]Good luck! Dr. Chicken