Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pitmasters

Newbbqer
Newbbqer Posts: 78
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Sitting here watching pit masters reruns wishing I had something to cook! Who's your favorite on this series?

Comments

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    i like Johnny Trig 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Newbbqer
    Leanne using a BGE! Having fan trouble right now.
  • ncbbq
    ncbbq Posts: 257
    Just flipped there and that Lee Ann said she can't cook without that pit controller. Lame. I have no problem controlling my egg temperature without that crap. If you are a pro competitor you better know how to operate your equipment if the gadgets break down. It isn't that hard to control an egg temperature without it.
  • ncbbq
    Boo hoo, the fan won't come on. Take it out and open up the damn vent.
  • ncbbq
    I like Johnny Trigg too. He seems like a good guy and he knows bbq.
  • SamFerrise
    SamFerrise Posts: 556
    Those guys all suck!

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
  • Newbbqer
    I think lee Ann was freakin because she is alone on this cook. Trigg is good! Can't wait for the new season.
  • Rubmyrock
    Rubmyrock Posts: 266
    Myron By God Mixon... "show me the MFing money"
  • mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    I like Johnny Trigg as well. Myron's attitude just cracks me up... what a character. Now thats a large ego ^:)^

I love watching the series.
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • Myron By God Mixon... "show me the MFing money"
    Mixon fan here too.  Although Im pretty sure his "ego" is all show.
  • gatorBGE
    gatorBGE Posts: 81
    I caught that episode a while back, couldn't believe leanne called someone out in the middle of the night for a pit controller, yank the damn thing out and cook....alone or not, doesn't matter

I like Trigg, Myron is ok sometimes, just depends on how much a**hole he decides to be
    Large Egg October 2011
    MiniMax December 2014
  • JWBurns
    JWBurns Posts: 344
    I like Myron and his attitude. The man knows his stuff. Great cooks / chefs are all a bit ego driven. Heck, look at Gordon Ramsay, my favorite chef.
  • I like Myron and his attitude. The man knows his stuff. Great cooks / chefs are all a bit ego driven. Heck, look at Gordon Ramsay, my favorite chef.

A bit ego driven?????? =)) I owned a restaurant and they all think they ARE Gordon Ramsey (only better). If you want a great look at the chef life, read Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain. Then read The nasty Bits by same author. Great stuff. For those you unfamiliar with Anthony outside his shows on TV- there is a lot of bad behavior recounted in these books. If you are offended by sex, drugs, rock and roll, do not read any of these books. If you are not, get them ASAP and enjoy
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Rubmyrock
    Rubmyrock Posts: 266
    Tuffet clueless and incompetent. He looked like a complete chump on the whole hog cook in Myron Mixin home town on one of the Pittmaster episodes.
  • mazaman
    mazaman Posts: 17
    I caught that episode a while back, couldn't believe leanne called someone out in the middle of the night for a pit controller, yank the damn thing out and cook....alone or not, doesn't matter

Makes for interesting TV for your typical audience.  I wouldn't read too much into it.  I wouldn't doubt it if the producers put her up to it.  I like Harry Soo and his "hanger" attitude.  Seems like someone who I'd like to hang out on the back porch with, just drinking beer and shooting the **it.  Guy can cook too; he was tearing up KCBS earlier this year.  
  • SamFerrise
    SamFerrise Posts: 556
    My grandmother grills better than these fools!

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
  • ncbbq
    My grandmother grills better than these fools!

I believe we have a troll in our midst. He hasn't had much positive to say on any thread that I've seen. He really peeved the Dizzy Pig fans.
  • FxLynch
    FxLynch Posts: 433
    I really like Trigg.  Myron doesn't annoy with me his attitude, it's his sentences interrupted by random cuss words that crack me up.  It's like he has turrets syndrome.  Fun to watch, but makes you a little sad inside.  Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with cussing, but at least put the right words together.

• OMG Eggs
    OMG Eggs Posts: 118

In general, I really liked the 3rd season.  The hour format was a good, we actually got to see them cook.  I dislike all of the people that are super vague about what they're doing in the cook... I mean, you're on a TV show.