Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey you. Yes, you lurkers who are not posting.

travisstrick
travisstrick Posts: 5,002
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
We could sure use your input. Even if you just offer some encouragement to those of us who do post. 

Now that we have a view counter, its obvious that there are a lot of you out there not contributing to the forum and I'm on to you.
Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.

Comments

• gatorBGE
    gatorBGE Posts: 81
    edited July 2012
    You're doing a great job, keep it up!

=))
    Large Egg October 2011
    MiniMax December 2014
  • travisstrick
    38 views and 1 comment. See?
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    posting as a fairly newbie just so i don't get yelled at  :-c and Travis thanks for all the input you and others do 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • I am 2 of the views. I often look but don't post. Most things are well in hand by the time I get there.....or sometimes I just don't have a dog in that fight. It is crazy though the lurk to post ratio
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • I hear ya!!   I've been lurking here for the past 3 weeks, I've shared some of my cooks on a couple other forums I belong to, so I promise I'll start posting here.  Thanks for the reminder it takes everyone participating to make a great forum.

XL BGE Nested

Several Weber's

Chargriller TRIO

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    I'm in the Cen-Tex camp-I will generally look at most posts (subject dependent) and if I think I can offer something of perceived use then I will post.  Frictionless conduit here-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • No lurking here (except for the week it took me to get approved).  Although, I tend to only post when I feel I can contribute something or have a question.
  • posting as a fairly newbie just so i don't get yelled at  :-c and Travis thanks for all the input you and others do 

you are not going to get yelled at and who cares if you do? We are all just knuckleheads anyway. Welcome aboard.
  • bigphil
    posting as a fairly newbie just so i don't get yelled at  :-c and Travis thanks for all the input you and others do 

you are not going to get yelled at and who cares if you do? We are all just knuckleheads anyway. Welcome aboard.
    just joking 

:))
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • bigphil
    well see am new i messed that up didn't  i lol 
  • travisstrick
    Listen to Cen-Tex, he is the head knucklehead and speaks the truth. 
  • Listen to Cen-Tex, he is the head knucklehead and speaks the truth. 

Head knucklehead...maybe. Tells the truth.......not a chance
  • LizzieSamps
    LizzieSamps Posts: 894
    I know for me I was afraid to post at first, don't like to look stupid, but I soon figured out that as long as it was not JUST asked everyone is very friendly.  I also try to  give encouragement to others, even if I am not adding to the knowledge at least they see they have comment.  That must be the mommy in me!  My hubby is a lurker on other boards and never posts.  I think that if you are vocal in person that traditionally you will be vocal on boards.  
  • AleBrewer
    AleBrewer Posts: 555

I like to keep clicking on posts just to drive up the view count   :D
  • I know for me I was afraid to post at first, don't like to look stupid, but I soon figured out that as long as it was not JUST asked everyone is very friendly.  I also try to  give encouragement to others, even if I am not adding to the knowledge at least they see they have comment.  That must be the mommy in me!  My hubby is a lurker on other boards and never posts.  I think that if you are vocal in person that traditionally you will be vocal on boards.  

I'm actually very shy in real life
  • 3under
    3under Posts: 19
    busted. been lurking for months. I appriciate all the info on this forum though. Had a pizza tonight and waiting for xl to cool  down to do a pork shoulder overnite. Here are a couple of pics pizza and shoulder waiting to get cooked low and slow.
  • busted. been lurking for months. I appriciate all the info on this forum though. Had a pizza tonight and waiting for xl to cool  down to do a pork shoulder overnite. Here are a couple of pics pizza and shoulder waiting to get cooked low and slow.

there you go. That wasn't so hard was it? Welcome
  • AleBrewer
    AleBrewer Posts: 555
    Hey...pics in your first post!...props for that!
  • LizzieSamps
    LizzieSamps Posts: 894
    @3under  Good looking pizza.  Looks like not only did you post and use pic but you will be joining us for the group cook tonight!  :)>-
  • @3under  Good looking pizza.  Looks like not only did you post and use pic but you will be joining us for the group cook tonight!  :)>-

bring it
  • ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    I only post, when I feel like I might actually contribute something worthwhile to a thread.  Along those lines, it's possible the view counts are being bumped up by search web bots, culling the boards for information.
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • 3under
    3under Posts: 19
    ya mon. temp is down to 260 so it won't be too long before it goes on an hour or so. thanks to travis for calling me out.
  • Socalcajudo
    Socalcajudo Posts: 132
    Sorry everyone. Been snoozing in this forum for awhile now. Got my egg this year in march. But discovered the forum long before I got my egg for my birthday. It was the longest 8 months of begging te wife and explaining the benefits of having one. Finally. I guess I behaved for those 8 months and she surprised me on my birthday and bought the LBGE for me.
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,358
    Lurking here in Canada with 2 pork butts and a rack of prime beef ribs on smoking with cherry wood. The smell lis incredible. But then, I'm just lurking so pay no attention to me!
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • gatorBGE
    gatorBGE Posts: 81
    I generally lurk no matter where I am, have been trying to be more active in this forum, but as others have stated, depends on topic

Large Egg October 2011
    MiniMax December 2014
  • Browninggold
    Browninggold Posts: 453
    I'm lurking yet. Deciding between the XL BGE or Fast Eddy PG1000. Hopefully be deciding sooner than later....maybe get both eventually
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    My Dad told me if I couldn't contribute to a discussion, "Shut up and listen, you just might learn something."  I have asked questions and had them answered quite adequately, and even tried to contribute with what I thought might be a reason that there are not Nomex gaskets on new Eggs.  I have not been Egging long enough to even consider offering my opinions in a bunch with this much experience.  Going back to my little corner of the world and sitting quietly.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • I'm lurking yet. Deciding between the XL BGE or Fast Eddy PG1000. Hopefully be deciding sooner than later....maybe get both eventually

$50 says you are from the Midwest (or Canada)???? I have never lived anywhere else where people used "yet" like "still". 6 years in 'Sconny trained me well in the Midwest lingo
  • Browninggold
    Browninggold Posts: 453
    100$ bet cuzz you used the words "say" you've lived in Wisconsin and Texas before. :)
  • dutchie
    dutchie Posts: 17
    Guilty!  I've been lurking for a year, since I got my egg for a wedding present.  I have made a few posts (all of two I think) Don't feel like I'm at the point where I can add advice, but I use the egg almost three times a week, so I guess i'm getting more seasoned.  Actually, tried something new last night, caught a beautiful 7lb walleye (or pickerel depending on where your're from) 5 miles off the North Shore out in Lake Erie. After I got home, with in a span of 15 minutes the fish went from flapping to its fillets cooking on an Alder plank. Probably the best tasting picky I've had. Ever. Wish I took some pics.   

"Oh how lovely cooks the meat"- Frankie Lane

Caledonia, Ontario