Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Burgers

Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,669
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Beli was up from Mexico and passing through Salado. For those of you not familiar with Beli he is one of the premier cooks from the old forum. So what do you cook? I did brisket burgers. Had a brisket ground up, added red onions and coffee rub. Outstanding. As was the evening. Also did carmilized onions and onion rolls. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Brisket burgers are defiantly on the short list. Looks great, my friend.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Stellar Job, Now I need to do Brisket burgers as well.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Wow... that does sound good!! Just to make sure I understand completely... these burgers are 100% brisket, not a brisket / hamburger mix... right.
    Thanks.
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • Mickey
    Wow... that does sound good!! Just to make sure I understand completely... these burgers are 100% brisket, not a brisket / hamburger mix... right.
    Thanks.
    Correct. 100% brisket. It makes by far the best burgers (IMO). We did have some of the outside fat cut off.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Mickey did you have them grind a packer or a flat?
  • mazaman
    mazaman Posts: 17
    I'm curious.  I always see them use ground brisket for burgers on shows like Top Chef.  What's the advantages over ground chuck?  Does it result in a different flavor profile?

Thanks,
    Craig
  • KingRover
    KingRover Posts: 115
    Those onions look fantastic.
  • I'm curious.  I always see them use ground brisket for burgers on shows like Top Chef.  What's the advantages over ground chuck?  Does it result in a different flavor profile?

Thanks,
    Craig
    flavor is the same but ground brisket point is like 40% flavor....er I mean fat
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Baysidebob
    Baysidebob Posts: 489
    Just did chuck and short rib.  I'll do brisket next and compare.  Don't know when I'll get to it.  It's just the two of us and the BGE turns it out faster than we can eat it.  Our neighbors are happy.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • Beli was up from Mexico and passing through Salado. For those of you not familiar with Beli he is one of the premier cooks from the old forum. So what do you cook? I did brisket burgers. Had a brisket ground up, added red onions and coffee rub. Outstanding. As was the evening. Also did carmilized onions and onion rolls. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    The Godfather................ ^:)^
  • travisstrick
    We call him "Don Toyota"
  • We call him "Don Toyota"

Me likey. It is decided
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    they look great . we just did ground chuck tonight first time we ground our own best testing burgers yet maybe next weekend we can do brisket burgers .thanks for the idea 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • travisstrick
    they look great . we just did ground chuck tonight first time we ground our own best testing burgers yet maybe next weekend we can do brisket burgers .thanks for the idea 
    You will show some respect and refer to your master as Don Toyota!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • JohnMc
    JohnMc Posts: 76
    I assume you're grinding before cooking as opposed to grinding up the brisket leftovers for burgers? Then again, when do I ever have brisket leftovers...now and then when I do they make awesome soup/stew.
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    Brisket burgers are the bomb. My wife is not a burger fan but she is a fan of a brisket burger.
  • Mickey
    edited July 2012
    Ok you two. I was going to buy lunch............ And :ar! I am looking for baby gift while in San Antonio.

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Damn knew i get yelled at lol 
    You will show some respect and refer to your master as Don Toyota!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Ok you two. I was going to buy lunch............ And :ar! I am looking for baby gift while in San Antonio.

Yes Sir, Don Toyota. We'll behave
  • Mickey
    Mickey did you have them grind a packer or a flat?
    Can't tell you as Linda got it from he butcher at HEB as I did not see it except ground up. I cannot say if it makes a lot of difference, this is only the second time (will always fron now on) have done the brisket grind.

• Dave in Florida
    Dave in Florida Posts: 1,157
    Never thought about brisket burgers but those look delicious.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • Mickey
    Just did chuck and short rib.  I'll do brisket next and compare.  Don't know when I'll get to it.  It's just the two of us and the BGE turns it out faster than we can eat it.  Our neighbors are happy.
    From the looks of your two dogs, do not see any food going to neighbors
    :o3