Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Adjustable Rig and Ceramic Grill Store Experience

smoke_monster
smoke_monster Posts: 42
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
I recently purchased a Large Adjustable Rig and wanted to share some thoughts...

- This was a pricey purchase (for me) and I actually cooked on my egg for about 6 months using some jimmy rigged setups for indirect and multi-level cooking just so I could postpone this purchase in order to get enough experience using the egg to know if it was right for me.

- My home made setups worked great, but they just affirmed that I needed and wanted the adjustable rig.

- I bought the rig and have done several cooks on it across many cooking styles (steaks, salmon, chicken, pork butt, vegetables).  Its been exactly as I thought and dreamed it would be!  I love the stability of it (vs homemade) and also the incredible flexibility.  I'm extremely impressed with it, its design, and its craftsmanship. 

- Ceramic Grill Store service is fast and excellent.  I had an issue with a weld on my oval grid and Tom quickly sent a replacement

All I can say, is that I'm fan (one of many) of both the Adjustable Rig and also the Ceramic Grill Store!!!!  I highly recommend both! 

Comments

• JWBurns
    JWBurns Posts: 344

Tom is great from everything I've heard. I'm lucky enough to live about 20 minutes from him, and I plan on heading to his shop when I get some free time to see how all the different combo's work. I plan on getting the adjustable rig/woo combo.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Tom is wonderful and provides very fast service. Even met him a time or two and he's a great guy.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Tom is one of us. He is a very nice guy who happens to sell an outstanding product.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    Tom spent 30 minutes on the phone with me AFTER I told him I was already ordering. I was already sold and he spent all that time making sure I got what I WANTED! He is a great guy, he really cares, that is hard to come by these days. I love mine! Will order anything and everything from the CGS simply because of the customer service and top quality product.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• Between Franco, Tom, and Chris (Dizzy) we are very fortunate to have such great guys to help us spend our money :) I would definitley add the Whiz into that group even though he is not directly selling anything to us. I have never heard a bad word mentioned about any of them or any of their products/sites. Pretty amazing when you think about how much play they all get on here.

Now for biggreeneggtables.com..................not so much :))

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    I agree with the above comments and would like to add mike (lawn ranger) to the list of all around good guys. His grid lifter I have is my most used egg tool and truly is a work of art.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • chuff
    chuff Posts: 255
    Link for the grid lifter?
    XL BGE
  • xraypat23
    xraypat23 Posts: 421
    yea, i love my adjustable rig! I've still got more purchase to make to really pimp it out! i bought the customer combo with the spider, 13" stone, ar and an oval grid, next are the slide guides, another oval grid, extender and 16" stone.
  • Mickey
    I agree with the above comments and would like to add mike (lawn ranger) to the list of all around good guys. His grid lifter I have is my most used egg tool and truly is a work of art.
    +++++++++1
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    He sent two of those in for the auctions at Porkopolis.  Really wish I would have won one!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• VA in GA
    VA in GA Posts: 54

He sent two of those in for the auctions at Porkopolis.  Really wish I would have won one!

So, how do we contact Lawn Ranger to see or order his work?   :-)

Proud Griller of a BGE Medium, Small and Large in May 2015!
  • Mickey
    edited July 2012
    Lawn Ranger gridlifter@gmail.com

• QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    I just bought the Woo2 and AR from Tom this week.  Talk about a fast turnaround!  I had my order within 2 days.  Can't wait to try it out.

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• MeanGreen
    MeanGreen Posts: 7
    I have numerous products from cgs and wouldn't part with any of them!
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    +++++++++1

Infinity +1

From #74

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• TUTTLE871
    +++++++++1

Infinity +1

From #74

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• travisstrick
    Hi 74. Im 72.
  • travisstrick
    I think mickey is 06 or some crap.
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Excellent becausr I plan on buying a pizza stone from his store.
  • I thought Lawn Ranger stopped making those?????
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • TUTTLE871

Hi 74. Im 72.
    We live two houses down from each other then. Ya I think Mickey told me he was 2 or 3 or something in the single numbers.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• brentsee
    brentsee Posts: 99

Awsome guy's,

but i live in Canada and don't have stores that have woo's and all the good accessories.  Today I went to the egg distributor and bought a 3 teir grill.  He used to have a large egg in his showroom but, since is gone.  I see they have whirlpools now.  Thier interest is not in eggs, anytime I ask them a question they have to look in a book for an answer (LOL). 

Anyway, the 3-trir grill works very good for raised direct for me.  - better than my makeshift thing I made.  So I'm happy

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200

Awsome guy's,

but i live in Canada and don't have stores that have woo's and all the good accessories.  Today I went to the egg distributor and bought a 3 teir grill.  He used to have a large egg in his showroom but, since is gone.  I see they have whirlpools now.  Thier interest is not in eggs, anytime I ask them a question they have to look in a book for an answer (LOL). 

Anyway, the 3-trir grill works very good for raised direct for me.  - better than my makeshift thing I made.  So I'm happy

Not sure Tom sells his stuff in stores. Think you have to order it online.

Owner of spider #2,467,987 or a really big number, not sure which.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Received my Woo 2 and AR yesterday... haven't had time to try them out yet. Too busy working on the table. However, I do have a few racks of ribs in the fridge just waiting for tomorrow afternoon!
    Gonna get their break in run then.
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    edited July 2012
    just purchased the adj rig / oval stone

today rib with myron mixon

mr toad

See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    just purchased the adj rig / oval stone

today rib with myron mixon

mr toad

See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • Mickey
    I think mickey is 06 or some crap.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

• Mickey
    I will see Mike (LawnRanger) this afternoon. If he is not still making them I will report back.

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Looks like mickey is 900. :))
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Mickey
    Looks like mickey is 900. :))

Never looked at it like that :-B