Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

lead time on new gasket from mother ship

apphunter
apphunter Posts: 17
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum

Well last week I toasted my OEM gasket.  I sent an email asking about getting a replacement and recieved a response very quickly.  The response asked from some pictures, address, and when and where I bought my egg.  I replied with the needed information about a week aog and I haven't heard anything else.  How long does it take to get a new gasket?

Comments

• michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    I called and spoke to Duane, and emailed and dealt with Bruce. They BOTH sent me a new gasket and I got them both the same day. 3 Days after speaking to them. They are in GA and ship first class mail. You should have it soon. (Neither of them asked for pics) However they did offer the advice they offer everyone and sent a .pdf file showing good practices with the egg.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Duane has been great to deal with in my experience he is shipping me a new gasket today and sorted that my local dealer replaces my cracked firebox under warranty. And I got the love your gasket PDF...
    Lynnwood WA
  • brian4206
    brian4206 Posts: 19
    I recently dealt with Duane and I also got my new gasket in 3 days. Excellent service. And it is the new adhesive backed high heat gasket too. It installed very easily. Will probably be doing my first cook with the new gasket this weekend.
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Got my new gasket as well was just going to ask about the 3m people I've seen mentioned but this new gasket has a sticky back so I assume its not needed. Just peel, clean old off and apply this?
    Seattle, WA
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    apphunter I had a similar experience as you. He asked me for the same info, but never said that he would send it. After assuming it was coming for two weeks, i decided to reply and asked if I should look at the nomex vs. felt gasket, and he volunteered to send me a nomex free of charge if I could send him my address... It arrived four days after that! So maybe follow up? It worked out well for me. Good luck.
  • Bruce took my call, and I had a new gasket in 3 or 4 days. Great customer service.
  • apphunter
    apphunter Posts: 17
    I checked on my email and apparently I typed it but I never sent it.  I don't know what happened so I sent the email and recieved a response almost immediatedly so hopefully I will have a gasket in a few days
  • mrjwhit
    mrjwhit Posts: 83
    I got my new gasket after 1 email. Very quick response. 
    Large BGE as of Father's day '12 http://www.jwhit.com