Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spatchcock Chicken and Apples

TUTTLE871
TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum

Did a Spatch chicken tonight because the wife wanted chicken alfredo tomorrow night so I was killing 2 birds with one stone. The greatest part was I put the bird on and told her to watch the temp and dont let it go over 250 because I had a haircut appointment. She sent me temp readings every 10 minutes (Bored I guess). But temp went to 200 and I told her the do and donts over the phone of bringing the temp up. She listened and got very excited when the egg temp went up and stoped where I wanted it.

Chicken came out as expected (Greatness!!)

Did some Apples that were sitting in the fruit bowl that had been therer for a few weeks. Stuffed them with a mixture of Brown Sugar, Spices, butter, and pecans. Did them for almost and our at 250. Didnt get a picture of final product because when I brought them in wife was carving them up and had them smothered in Vanilla Ice cream.

Cant wait for Chicken alfredo tomorrow and see what happens.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

c.JPG 496.2K
c1.JPG 335.7K
c2.JPG 316.2K

Comments