Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A nod to Car Wash Mike

Options
Cookinupnorth
Cookinupnorth Posts: 95
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Ive had my BGE for a year and made 8-10 batches of ribs and had not hit the mark until....tonite.  Tonite I followed car wash Mikes recipe!  I lost my wife 4 years ago to cancer at 42 and so I get a little sentimental when I hear of others whoa re too soon gone...such as Mike.  Anyway Mike I hope you are making my lovely angel some nice ribs.
AT

Comments

• Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Options
    Your story is touching. I have had two friends who were too soon gone from cancer.
    Your ribs look delish on a more upbeat note.
  • Browninggold
    Browninggold Posts: 453
    Options
    Sorry for your losses. I wish there was no such thing as cancer. My 16 yr. old son just beat stage 4 TC. And my oldest brother who was a Master Chief in the Navy passed away @ age 53 of male breast cancer just recently.
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Options

Browninggold

Congrats to your son. Hope he is back to his old self soon. I just started my 3rd week of the 7 week protocol for stage 4 throat cancer. The body is changing but my spirits are forever up, thanks to all the great people on this forum!!!

Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • Browninggold
    Browninggold Posts: 453
    Options
    Thanks billyray. Prayers your way. God is Good.
  • Cookinupnorth
    Options
    Thanks everyone...spirits up...body will follow. Love this forum..love my egg :)
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    My SIL just finished her first round of chemo. Hard to see her go through this. Wishing everyone well who is affected by this terrible disease. It is kind of cool, some of us wouldn't know each other on this forum if we bumped into them, but we can extend heart felt best wishes and prayers. Gotta love that. God is Good.
    Large, small, and a mini