Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Rolls

Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum

Was kinda craving pizza last night, but wanted something a little different so I decided to make some pizza rolls instead.

Roll out your dough (I used a store bought dough from Tom Thumb (aka Randall's or Safeway) due to not having the time to make my own yesterday) as thin as possible and lightly sauce and top as you would a pizza.

Roll it up

Then let it chill in the fridge as you get your Egg ready to go at 450 indirect placesetter legs down, three green feet and pizza stone. Once its set up, remove the rolls and slice into 2" sections and place on the Egg.

Mine took about 18 minutes to bake, but times may vary depending on your dough recipe, how thin you rolled it out and how big your roll ended up being.

I was quite pleased with these and surprised that even using pretty much the same ingredients, it was quite different than pizza. Maybe it was the ratios of the ingredients and the way the dough cooks differently since its rolled up. Whatever it was, these were still good. I might not ever make them for a meal again, but they would make a great appetizer. I'll be playing around with these more in the future.

Pizza Rolls

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• Wow! Those look GREAT! I can't wait to try this. Friday's always pizza night around here. But, I think it might be this Tuesday. Thanks Griffen.
    There are no "Mis-steaks." Everything can be "Cured!" Have no fear. Go forth and "Egg-It!"
  • jimi1234
    jimi1234 Posts: 101
    That looks amazing. It's like a cinnamon roll with pizza toppings. I am going to be making this very soon.

• Budgeezer
    Budgeezer Posts: 669
    Nice.
    Edina, MN

• Griffin
    That looks amazing. It's like a cinnamon roll with pizza toppings. I am going to be making this very soon.

Eggsactly....sorta...with pizza dough. :)

Rowlett, Texas

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Amazing! Gotta try one.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    They look tasty! I was expecting to see Geno's Pizza Rolls :)
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    Boy Griffin.  You are the real MacGyver of recipes!

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• Those look great, definitely will have to try these out!
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    My list of things to try is so long and growing!! And free time is so sparse and shrinking!! Maybe I should take a PTO day just to smoke!

XLBGE 
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316

Griffin, you have to stop. My wife just informed me my spare tire was going away. Everything you been making lately is making me run out and get the supplies and experiment.

Just dont stop and I will tell her I put a site blocker in this website.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Griffin

Thanks everybody for all the kind words.

Sgt 93 - Don't know what a Geno Pizza roll is. Any good?

Scott - I just look around the internet and find things that look interesting to cook. They get printed up and some get cooked right away and some (like this one) get put on hold till Mrs. G is outta town. But she saw them on the blog and wants to know when I'm making them for her. Did not see that one coming.

CookingNurse - you should see my list of to-dos and how much is on it. It's gonna take forever....and I'm fine with that.

Tuttle - I won't tell her if you don't.

Rowlett, Texas

• SamFerrise
    SamFerrise Posts: 556
    My grandmother is crying!  Why do you guys continue to adulterate the pizza.  Some things should NEVER, EVER be changed.  Leave the pizza alone!  If you love the sloppy, gooey mess there is no hope for you.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
  • Griffin
    Sometimes its just fun to play with your food, Sam. You'll never know if you don't try. ;)

Rowlett, Texas

• SamFerrise
    SamFerrise Posts: 556
    Some things should never be changed.  Sorry, but I am Old School when it comes to pizza.  Pizza is like religion, its hard to discuss with others and agree.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!