Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

TermaPen sale

AleBrewer
AleBrewer Posts: 555
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Just thought I'd pass this along.....course I paid full price two weeks ago!  Oh well, I did get a free kitchen timer!

http://www.thermoworks.com/products/thermapen/splashproof_thermapen_open_box_sale.html

Comments

• chad408
    chad408 Posts: 140
    DAMN I SHOULD HAVE HELD OUT ALITTLE LONGER. JUST GOT MINE FOR FATERS DAY
  • lowlightbw
    lowlightbw Posts: 52
    Thanks for posting! I have been waiting for several months to purchase and I am glad I waited!!!
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Just ordered one. Thanks!

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    British Racing Green should be "Green Egg Green" :)
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • JWBurns
    JWBurns Posts: 344
    Open box - meh.

I'm sure they are fine, but..

Love my BGE Green one. She just came in on Friday and I've already put it to work.
  • burr_baby33
    burr_baby33 Posts: 503
    I just bought 2 last week, bummer.
  • pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447
    just ordered a couple more myself ....as we said going to sea "got to have a pair and a spare".  Funny how sales will put you in the poor house.....

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

• amtrac
    amtrac Posts: 7
    THANKS, for letting us know. been waiting for them to go on sale.
  • AleBrewer
    AleBrewer Posts: 555
     ....as we said going to sea "got to have a pair and a spare". 
    I'm going to use the next time my wife asks me why we have 3 generators :)
  • schwaggy
    schwaggy Posts: 17
    Figures. I just bought one for myself and two for gifts. Sigh...
    Large BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Summit sitting lonely in the corner...
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    I signed up for their newsletter and ordered one in Big Green Egg (British Racing) Green.  Thanks for the heads up Alebrewer.  This site is great.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • dweebs0r
    dweebs0r Posts: 539
    Thanks!  I just ordered one, too.  Thanks for the heads up.
       -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Of course they'd go on sale two weeks after I bought one for $90.
    need one of these deals on a small BGE....I would hurt myself trying to get to the phone to place my order....

Winston-Salem, NC

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757

Got one as well.

Dont know where this will end, but I keep buying these things for the egg...

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496

Thanks for the heads up.Will definately be picking up one of these!

XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • steeevin
    steeevin Posts: 23
    Just ordered a green one. I hope it lasts. I'm a bit leery of a refurb thermometer. 

I bought my first Thermapen several years ago and only got 2 years out of it. It never got wet and I took good care of it. After the first year, one of the digits quite displaying properly, but I could still make out what the temp was. Six to eight months after that, it just quit working. 

For ~$100, I expected more.
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Lots of love for the Green!
    :-bd
  • LizzieSamps
    LizzieSamps Posts: 894

Got one as well.

Dont know where this will end, but I keep buying these things for the egg...

I know, it's crazy! But I got one!
  • Lots of love for the Green!

we know, Brownie. We know.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • hoffmand
    hoffmand Posts: 105
    Just ordered a green one. I hope it lasts. I'm a bit leery of a refurb thermometer. 

I bought my first Thermapen several years ago and only got 2 years out of it. It never got wet and I took good care of it. After the first year, one of the digits quite displaying properly, but I could still make out what the temp was. Six to eight months after that, it just quit working. 

For ~$100, I expected more.
    Call them up and explain what it's doing.  When I bought mine they emphasized that the Thermapen was easily repairable (by them) if anything ever went wrong.
    Cedar Park, TX
  • steeevin
    steeevin Posts: 23
    Thanks for the info, hoffmand. I'll have to try that if I still have it. I may have thrown it away when I reluctantly bought my second Thermapen. (Once you go Thermapen, no other thermometers will do, unfortunately.)
  • EazyE
    EazyE Posts: 67
    I bought one as well. I must admit I went cheap on my first one and bought Maverick PT-100. It worked no better than my cheap $5 dollar kitchen thermometer. It took forever for a temperature read out, and would never work right. I contacted Maverick and they said it shouldn't do that, and told me to mail mine in for repair or replacement. They sent me a new one. It seemed a little better at first, but it is doing the same thing as my original one now. Sometimes it takes 15-16 seconds to get a final reading.

When I saw this open box sale, I just bit the bullet and ordered the Thermapen like I should have done the first time. Chalk this up as another lesson of you get what you pay for!!
    [-X
  • bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Thanks - I just ordered one too.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447
    this is starting to sound like Field of Dreams....."build it and they shall come".....

Winston-Salem, NC

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Steeevin, I ordered one a couple months ago it was off about 20 degrees, I call up thermoworks they sent me a replacement PRONTO! No joke in like 2 days I had a new one. Please call them I think you will be satisfied.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Brownie
    Lots of love for the Green!

we know, Brownie. We know.
    The Cen-Tex Smoker you misinterpreted. I was referring to the others who ordered green. It is quite a shame that those cool flamer jobbies aren't part of the refurb sale.
    :D
  • mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    I ordered one of the flame models, it was a few dollars more (I think 76) than the standard colors. Hopefully that's what I receive! But if not... Oh well.
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    The Cen-Tex Smoker you misinterpreted. I was referring to the others who ordered green. It is quite a shame that those cool flamer jobbies aren't part of the refurb sale.
    they are, but $7 more
  • Brownie
    they are, but $7 more
    Ahh! Price gouging.