Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

oyster mushrooms

Options
Mark Backer
Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
got some crappy ones at harry's yesterday, and everyone still loved them, Woo. [p]I am on a quest. Found some at kroger today that looked better, but I'm trying to get the grower in dahlonega to help me. Everyone that had them last night is STILL raving about them.[p]Thanks dizzy pig and oyster folks!!

Comments

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Mark Backer:[p]Were they large clusters? What are they going for per pound up your way? The Princess and & could eat enough to justify opening up a wholesale account!

• Mark Backer
    Options
    djm5x9,[p]First of all, no, they were not big clusters. The ones for tomorrow from kroger look WAY better than harry's but it's still tough.[p]Cost? 2.99 for a 3.4 oz box from harry's. Same price for a 3.2 from kroger.[p] Ouch at $15 per pound, but like I said, everyone loves them.
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Mark Backer:[p]The generous Dr. Woo kindly sent me some of those wonderful shrooms wia Bobby-Q from Waldorf. Nice, large clusters that made some wonderful eating![p]I think The Princess found a source for large clusters at a reasonable price. I'll confirm this tomorrow and let you know.

• Mark Backer
    Options
    djm5x9,[p]sounds awesome. keep me posted. I think I may even try them, they sound so good...