Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where do you keep all the Egg accessories?

robnybbq
robnybbq Posts: 1,911
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
I have the BGE Large on the Egg Nest/handler.  I want a table/outdoor kitchen but it will be some time before that happens.  I have started a large collection of Egg stuff - Ash tool, Ash pan, plate setter, normal grate, Big Adjustable Rig, indirect stone for rig, oval grate for AR, rack sliders for the AR, Grate lifter.  I want to get a spider, cast iron grate and a Paella pan eventually.  Currently I store what I can in the Egg when not in use.

Where do you store all your accessories?  It starting to look like the gheto in my back yard.

Garnerville, NY

Comments

• Eggucated
    Eggucated Posts: 213
    I store my stuff in a rubber made type 40 gallon container.  I've been feeling the call of the egg table.  I think it's about time I build something!
    Thanks, Mike "Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one will believe it."
  • sancho65
    sancho65 Posts: 226
    I keep all those items plus some in deck box I got at Lowe's. Get the larger one, you will need the space sooner or later. It's lockable and keeps all your equipment dry!!
    XL, Large, 2 Small's and Mini BGE Arlington Texas
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Keep them in containers under my egg table and then Shove the rest inside my Weber.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    edited July 2012
    Got me a wicker looking big deck box from HD. Holds everything and lockable, shielded from weather. I think even if i build a table, there will be a need for the deck box. We are talkin serious eggin... are we not ?

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Newville
    Newville Posts: 84
    I store my stuff in a rubber made type 40 gallon container.  I've been feeling the call of the egg table.  I think it's about time I build something!

+1 on all accounts save I need two 40 gallon containers stacked - one for the near term lump
  • xraypat23
    xraypat23 Posts: 421
    either in the egg itself when not in use, and the rest of the stuff usually gets stored in one of my webers

• 3MBBQ
    3MBBQ Posts: 26
    I used to keep most of my stuff in a rubbermaid 'cabinet' and also in a large tote. With the table i recently purchased EVERYTHING (except extra lump) gets stored IN the table. It is a much more convenient set up overall. when I was using the cabinet/tote combination i stored 'everyday' stuff (grid lifter, ash tool/pan, etc) near the egg with the less used stuff stored in the cabinet (off the deck and around the corner). Sooner or later, every egg seems to demand its own kitchen, cabinets, etc :-)
  • GA_Dawgs
    GA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    Stays in my Weber kettle.  Once I build a table I will have a place to keep them.
  • LizzieSamps
    LizzieSamps Posts: 894
    I followed some advice and bought a big rubbermaid tub for lump, and smaller depth ones for the accessories.  It is working for now, till I get a table built.  Waiting for someone to offer!  I have cooked for a lot of handy people so hopefully I will get repaid!  
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    I have a rubbermaid bin for my stuff.  I don't have many large items, ash tool, gloves, old needle nose pliers to clean ash, wood chunks etc.  I like to keep my platesetter in the egg with my DW.