Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So my wife says to me....

Options
michigan_jason
michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum

The other day, my wife came up to me as I was egging, and said, "can we get ANOTHER egg?" "Like a smaller one, for different cooks?" I was taken back by this and was left with my jaw on the deck! Has anyone else had this happen? Am I just really REALLY lucky?

Now I need to decide what size to get.

Ps. She also has been researching outdoor kitchens and has already called contractors to come out and give quotes! I dont get it, but I am not complaining!

-Jason

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    run, do not walk, to the egg shop and seal this deal now!
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Will you have her come talk to Mrs. G? She's not totally on board with it, but says if I save my pennies I can get another one. That's a lot of pennies.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Listen to Cen-Tex. Get it done...I should be so lucky-matter-of-fact I'm behind Griffin in the "on-board" camp although I do all the BGE cooks which amount to 90+% of the household cooks.  Remember "SWMBO" rules and when you get direction like that...(although to be fair-be ready for the return serve:))
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • michigan_jason
    Options
    It is unreal, she knew prior to me getting my xl a couple months back that I wanted an EGG. She knew how serious I was about BBQ and said I could get one. Now she eats what I cook on it and wants an outdoor egg sanctuary and another egg... I think I want to re-marry her. I am only 27, but I guess this is a good sign of what is to come!

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• Griffin
    Options

x2!!

Sounds like you have a winner, Jason. Just be careful.....she might have an expensive purchase in mind for herself. "But remember when I said you could get a second Egg?"

Rowlett, Texas

• michigan_jason
    Options

x2!!

Sounds like you have a winner, Jason. Just be careful.....she might have an expensive purchase in mind for herself. "But remember when I said you could get a second Egg?"

I agree...see heres the curveball..... She presented it and acts like she wants the second egg for HER! So what I will do, is throw that expensive purchase at her, telling her I need to buy something expensive for myself!

• Griffin
    Options
    Well played, well played, Sir! ^:)^ (if it works....)

Rowlett, Texas

• michigan_jason
    Options
    Well played, well played, Sir! ^:)^ (if it works....)
    :)

• setdahook
    setdahook Posts: 284
    edited July 2012
    Options
    My rule of thumb is never play mind games with my wife, but then again shes smarter than me. Just a thought.
  • michigan_jason
    Options

My rule of thumb is never play mind games with my wife, but then again shes smarter than me. Just a thought.

I agree, I am not playing mind games...I am simply complying with her demand to get another egg!

• xraypat23
    xraypat23 Posts: 421
    Options
    yep, go get a large asap!!!
  • michigan_jason
    Options

She said I should get a mini for tailgaiting. (Lions season ticket holder)

Here is my thought. If I get a large...come lions time, she will say to get a mini! Yes?

• Rich_ie
    Rich_ie Posts: 268
    Options

She said I should get a mini for tailgaiting. (Lions season ticket holder)

Here is my thought. If I get a large...come lions time, she will say to get a mini! Yes?

LOL Your pushing it with that I think!  >:)
  • Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    Options
    It is unreal, she knew prior to me getting my xl a couple months back that I wanted an EGG. She knew how serious I was about BBQ and said I could get one. Now she eats what I cook on it and wants an outdoor egg sanctuary and another egg... I think I want to re-marry her. I am only 27, but I guess this is a good sign of what is to come!
    haha, love it. You have a good one for sure.
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • michigan_jason
    Options

I do, I am a lucky man!

• xraypat23
    xraypat23 Posts: 421
    Options
    mich - that's a great idea!
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    When the wife and I went to the Salado Fest and got our 2nd egg (SBGE), she said she wanted a mini cause it was "cute".  I still haven't got it yet and the flame has burned out.  Do it now Jason before she moves on.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • michigan_jason
    Options
    @cazzy what size to go with though....

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options

I have a large and a small.  I love the combo and the small also travels well.  It takes up 1 seat in my civic and i load and unload by myself with all internals.

I'll eventually get the mini though :)

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options

I have a large and a small.  I love the combo and the small also travels well.  It takes up 1 seat in my civic and i load and unload by myself with all internals.

I'll eventually get the mini though :)

My large only takes up one seat in my civic..... Loaded by myself

Couldn't resist!

Im with @cazzy a small or med would be more cooking space and. It hard to transport at all

XLBGE 
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Congrats! You are indeed lucky.

I showed my wife a Small at a Eggfest and she said "It's so cute! Can we get one? I didn't pass on that offer!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    got my LBGE little over a month ago and the wife says we can get a XLBGE in september at the eggfest already placed my order  :-c
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Geez-is it the water...what am I missing...besides the obvious :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • michigan_jason
    Options
    Ok, so the mini "as cute as it is" is out of the question for functionality. I want to be able to use the new egg at tailgate (which is every lions home game and 2-3 road games /year) So do I go small or med? I will end up with a large in the future too, just dont want one now.

• hopkinsusmc87
    Options

Well from what I know is, when you tailgate you end up cooking for people you did not account for so I would go with a MED if not the LG. Dont forget the Nest Handler, it will help keep the egg stable while being transported.  Man your so lucky!