Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1rst dizzy pig order

MrCookingNurse
MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Just ordered some rubs! Very excited to try.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Any advice?

XLBGE 

Comments

• Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    I got my first order 2 weeks ago - what fun!  I did lamb loin chops with the Redeye (yum!), Pineapple Head on some vanilla ice cream (yum!), did two piece of cedar plank salmon last night - one with Raging River, the other with Tsunami Spin (double yum!), steaks with Salt Lick (really good) and Raising the Steaks (similar to Montreal).  I got the big sample pack and 8 oz of Dizzy Dust and Redeye.  Cannot wait to try them all on something.  Looking like Dizzy Dust on ribs and a butt for the 4th!  Have fun!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • MrCookingNurse
    Man I should got raising the steaks. My family loves Montreal

XLBGE 
  • majorpain
    majorpain Posts: 7

I just got mine in the mail today.  I had never heard of them until about two weeks ago but everyone seems to love them.  I ordered one of everything in the shaker including a salt free raging river.  I am very excited to try them all out. 

• Squeezy
    Squeezy Posts: 1,102
    You won't be disappointed ....
    Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • ribnrun
    ribnrun Posts: 174
    You got a good selection there, but you missed my favorite. Swamp Venom! Kinda spicy, not for everyone.

You will enjoy them, it is a high quality product. Expensive, but in this case you get what you pay for!
  • MrCookingNurse
    @ribnrun
    Lol I was tempted but me and only one other friend do spicy! My father in law and dad can't handle the heat!

XLBGE 
  • ribnrun
    ribnrun Posts: 174
    Kinda the same here. Just me in the house with the liking for spicy.

Last night I made 4 steaks. 3 with greek seasoning that the wife and boys like, and one with swamp venom for dad.

When I do ribs or butts for family get togethers, I season different pieces of meat with spicy or mild. Then I serve everything in aluminum pans and label them either spicy or mild.

I do my best to make others happy while still ensuring my enjoyment of my bbq.
  • MrCookingNurse
    You are a wise one @ribnrun how hot is the venom?

XLBGE 
  • You are a wise one @ribnrun how hot is the venom?
    It's hot but the Jamaican Firewalk is the hottest. I love them both (we are all spicy over here)

I love the redeye too. I've never had anything from dizzy that I didn't love

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • foneman
    foneman Posts: 104
    Good choices... where do you get the shipping so low... it looked like it was less than 4 bucks.
  • MrCookingNurse
    Good choices... where do you get the shipping so low... it looked like it was less than 4 bucks.
    No that says 3.6 pounds. Shipping was about 12$ for priority USPS

XLBGE 
  • foneman
    foneman Posts: 104
    ok i see.... thanks!

• dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Get some sliced pineapple, put several slices in an oblong glass baking dish, pour in about 1/4 inch of good bourbon, dust both sides with pineapple head, let marinate for about 45 minutes and grill at 375.  Invite neighbors or friends over to hear the rave reviews.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• AleBrewer
    AleBrewer Posts: 555
    Why, oh why.... did I not just order a jar of each one? I am predicting another order being placed very soon!

The grilled pineapple with bourbon and a rub sounds great!