Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Newbie!

Options
Liz1979
Liz1979 Posts: 15
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered.

My hubby got the Large BGE for Father's Day (I'm going for the "Wife Of The Year" award), and we've been using it quite a bit.  I've done smoked meatloaf (yummy!) based on a recipe from this site, and smoked a turkey breast (there were no leftovers!).  We just got half a steer the other day, so we are both itching to get using the Egg again.

Is there a specific time for smoking or grilling meats?  Or is it more of a "learn as you go" kind of thing?

We have a place setter, but unfortunately, the company we bought the BGE from didn't show or tell me how to use it.  So I've been just pushing the coals to the side and doing indirect heat that way since we typically grill first beforehand.  Can you (again, I know this is a silly question) put the place setter on after grilling so you can do some indirect cooking/smoking?

Comments