Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Favorite Way to Reheat Butt

Newville
Newville Posts: 84
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
What is your favorite way to reheat pork butt - pull it, chill it in an aluminum pan and reheat with apple juice?

3 - 8# butts. Considering timing for a pre-wddeing party cook to be served Friday evening. Could go with starting everything during the Thursday noon hour and hoping all stays good until I can get away from the office Friday afternoon OR finish it up Thursday evening an reheat friday. Thoughts from the forum?

Comments

• allitnils
    allitnils Posts: 109
    Never cooked pork, so I'm not sure of its structure or how it'll react to the methods below, but these are ways I reheat my meat:
    Sous vide - takes a long time and depending on the size of your meal, will use a lot of bags, but will hear up the food to perfect te,perturbed and keep it there for as long as you want.
    Microwave - quick and dirty way of reheating food which, if done properly, can work perfectly.
    Pan fry - depending how/what you're heating, can change flavors of your meal and could dry it out, but will develop a good crust..
    Blow torch - wont really heat the meat through properly but works great when used in conjunction with microwave/sous vide methods.