Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

About to order CyberQ

JWBurns
JWBurns Posts: 344
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Wifi version. This is my first digital unit, do I'll need all the goodies to get going.

I put together a package, and it's currently in my cart. I want to make sure I have everything I'll need.

Do I need the Power Raptor unit?

I selected the wifi unit, and the kit - my
Cart total is $404. Anything I'm missing?

Comments

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    i believe the power raptor is for running extra fans and pits although not 100% sure . why not wait till tomorrow and call them .BBQ guru is about 5mins. from me and are really good to deal with plus there be able to answer any questions you have before ordering .
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • sjg34
    sjg34 Posts: 22
    I bought the cyberq wifi, pit viper fan, and the adaptor yesterday.  Not sure if I really need the fan but I bought it anyway. No power raptor is needed with an egg
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    edited July 2012

The Power Raptor package comes complete with everything you will need to have precise temperature control of your ELECTRIC SMOKER. 

like sjg said not needed 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    JWBurns, you need the unit, an adapter and a blower/fan.  The 10CFM model is what I usually get because it is plenty powerful and can be damped back with the built in damper.
    The Naked Whiz
  • setdahook
    setdahook Posts: 284
    very jealous here but I will have to keep saving my pennies for now.