Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First over night

Options
2»

Comments

• mjontrack
    mjontrack Posts: 18
    Options

Man, I am a newbie.  What is a D/W?

• mjontrack
    mjontrack Posts: 18
    Options

They ran up the dome and out the daisy wheel if that is what D and W stands for.  :-)   Is that wrong?

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options

Two pics   One  of the pork butts we made today. It was our first overnight cook.  The ribs we did on Memorial Day.  The stack method worked great.

they look great i haven't done ribs yet but wanna try them haven't a clue how to do them so all suggestions are welcome. 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    let it rest for two hours and then pulled it apart was still extremely warm from sitting in the cooler and turned out to be one of the best i ever made . Was a huge hit first thing to disappear and Cen-Tex right on the money the bark wasn't as firm as other's i've done but on the plus side was a bit easier to break up and mix through the meat also was one of the moistest shoulders i've done should have gotten a egg 8 years ago when i first heard about them. 
    Nice! The soft bark in the case was most likely from The rest in foil. You are going to get soft bark when you rest in foil no matter what. Sometimes you just can't help it because of time constraints etc. If you want firm bark after a rest, unwrap it and put it in a 350 degree oven until it firms up (20-30 min).

Great looking cook (Cap will never steer you wrong).

You are off and running.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options

That would be the goal-and all we want is to make sure everyone has a great BGE experience-but we can all hose that up on occasion!

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

That would be the goal-and all we want is to make sure everyone has a great BGE experience-but we can all hose that up on occasion!

Correct, but I haven't seen you do it yet :).
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    @ Cen-Tex-Too kind-but once I get too far into the adult beverages (beer and bourbon) I check myself out of the forum-quite close to that point right now!   This new? Woodford Double Oak thing is worth a serious run-not Van Winkle's but worth a road trip down the highway.  Safe travels-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    @ Cen-Tex-Too kind-but once I get too far into the adult beverages (beer and bourbon) I check myself out of the forum-quite close to that point right now!   This new? Woodford Double Oak thing is worth a serious run-not Van Winkle's but worth a road trip down the highway.  Safe travels-
    I am having a Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey on the patio of the Broadmoor hotel in Colorado Springs watching the mountainside burn. Great hotel, fantastic Whiskey, and a sad sight to behold.

I'm On the Woodford Double Oak as soon as i get home........Friday night- ugh

Long week for centex, however, I also get to imbibe on the company dime all week :). This Stranahan's ain't gonna pay for itself :)).