Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

would someone help me with my new spring hinges?

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,887
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just purchased the spring hinges for my large and small eggs situated in my table. I will need to lower the table top a bit to accomodate - or I suppose I can raise my eggs using additional stepping stones underneath them so here's my question. Right now the bottom of the lower band in this pix is only 1" from the top of the table.
IMG_0400.jpg

once this hinge is attached to the new bands then how much (in inches) does the hinge hang down when the dome is open?
IMG_0402.jpg

I can measure the new hinge, but I can't tell how much it further protrudes. Any help and/or pix would really be appreciated!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    RRP,
    i dont have any measures handy, but ive seen that some tables were notched to accomodate the spring instead of raising the egg to an uncomfortable work height

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • RRP,[p]One of folks on here told me that the OLD table plans on the BGE web site used to call for 17 inches separation between your top shelf (surface area) and the middle shelf (surface area). The new dimensions of clearance is now 15 inches. This all for a Large BGE. Look at this link and see if that helps you. http://biggreenegg.com/table-plan.htm
  • Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    RRP,
    you need 2 1/4 inches. Mine is setup using BGE table, egg sits on lil green feet and 1/4 inch sheet of stainless. When I open the egg I have between 1/2 to 1/4 clearance that it doesn't hit the table, real close..........LOL

• Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    Chef Wil,
    forgot to mention, YES, that is using the new bands, I just changed both of my larges about 3 weeks ago.

• Rafterdude
    Rafterdude Posts: 39
    RRP, According to my rough measurements you will need 3" clearance from the bottom of the small L on the lower band. I will thry to email a couple of pictures. Good Luck! Craig