Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Veal Brisket

Options
Eggbertsdad
Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
I just noticed one of the markets in the area has veal briskets for $5.99/ lb. I'm not sure if this is a good deal or not, but have any of you cooked a veal brisket on the BGE?
Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)

Comments

• tyenic1
    tyenic1 Posts: 150
    Options
    Sorry can't bring myself to eat veal period, I'm sure its good, but kind of frowned upon here the northern plains.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Sorry can't bring myself to eat veal period, I'm sure its good, but kind of frowned upon here the northern plains.
    Why is that? I know some people have a problem with provimi but regular red veal is just young dairy cattle. They would be slaughtered for dog food or somesuch anyway.
  • tyenic1
    tyenic1 Posts: 150
    Options
    Most veal in our area is free raised veal. My dad, uncle, grandpa, friends parents, etc... are all cattle ranchers and we have all just been raised to believe you don't eat calves. Like I said earlier I'm sure its good, but it's just the way were brought up. To quote my father "We raise calves, we don't eat em". I know we eat em eventually anyway, but you have to raise em first.
  • rickHP
    rickHP Posts: 49
    Options
    So I guess you wouldn't eat lamb either, only mutton?