Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wicked Good at Acehardware in Washington N.C.

sandman1970
sandman1970 Posts: 31
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Just wanted to let Eggers know we have Wicked Good in our area know I have talked my local Ace owner into stocking it. 22lbs bags 19.99 a bag. He sold out this week but there will be more on his next truck. There # is 946-9700. Washington N.C.

Comments

• Mike8it
    Mike8it Posts: 468
    Thank you for the post. I live in Greenville and my only two options where new bern or snow hill.
  • Thank you for the post. I live in Greenville and my only two options where new bern or snow hill.
    No problem just trying to get the word out so he will keep it in stock. I had to do a big internet order and ship it to his store to get him on board.
  • Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    edited June 2012
    My local ACE let me order 2 bags. Most of these stores get a couple of orders per week from their warehouses. When I asked the guy to look it up in the system, he said, "We have over 1,100 bags. How many do you want?"
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • Logger
    Logger Posts: 309
    I just ordered some from the Ace Hardware in Yukon, Ok.   $18.99 a bag and he said they had over 2,000 bags in the warehouse.
    OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    same here in Pa. ace hardware 19.99 a bag 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    forgot to mention Ace hardware in Lansdale Pa for anyone in the area 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • ncbbq
    ncbbq Posts: 257
    Has anyone ever seen Wicked Good in Raleigh, NC? I would like to try it. Guess I can order through Ace like you guys are saying but just wondering if it is in stock somewhere.
  • pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447
    what makes Wicked Good so popular over the BGE brand????  price looks to be about $5 cheaper....

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

• Has anyone ever seen Wicked Good in Raleigh, NC? I would like to try it. Guess I can order through Ace like you guys are saying but just wondering if it is in stock somewhere.
    http://www.wickedgoodcharcoal.com/NorthCarolina.htm
  • ncbbq
    ncbbq Posts: 257
    sandman1970,

Thanks, I've seen that though. The ACE hardware in Morrisville is no longer an ACE hardware from what I hear and their web site is no longer active. It is kind of far from me to drive if they may not even have it. I could call. I was just trying to see if anyone has actually seen it in the area.
  • boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273

Wow -- ACE is going to corner the WG market.

Someone asked what made it better?   I think it burns hotter, longer, cleaner, with less ash.   JMHO

Cookin in Texas
  • pswarren
    pswarren Posts: 98
    We are an ACE dealer in WI stocking WG. It is quickly becoming our most popular of the 4 brands of lump that we stock. WG burns forever, low ash, very neutral flavoring allowing more flavor from added wood.
  • Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    I'm just now getting into my 1st bag of WG and I'm very impressed. The pieces are consistent, large, and very dense. 
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    I have also heard really good things about Ozark Oak -- haven't tried it yet - but plan to. 
    Cookin in Texas
  • gte1
    gte1 Posts: 379
    edited June 2012
    what makes Wicked Good so popular over the BGE brand????  price looks to be about $5 cheaper...

It seems to want to burn for ever.  Very large chunks still there after the cook.  Ash production is very low, and I agree that it does not impart any aditional flavor to the food.  Maybe it is my imagination, but temp control seems easier also.  It is so dense though that lighting is a little harder and slower.

George

George
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    gte1 has it right about Wicked Good-the density does allow it to burn forever-best there is for long duration low&slow.  And it is very neutral with regard to flavor.  But discussions about lump are like opinions and we all know what those are worth:)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.