Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone ever tried this?

Comments

• ive tried most of their stuff but not this one. They are HQ'd in my town and pretty popular with the grocery store set. It's all OK but nothing really special. I've never had anything bad from them so if you want to try it, give it a rip and let us know what you think.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    The Cen-Tex Smoker you fired up the brother in law's XL yet?
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker you fired up the brother in law's XL yet?

Yeah. that thing is a beast but it was all jacked up. I had to bail on the brisket cook. The pizzas were awesome though.

His dome was totally off and he had huge air leaks all around. The draft door wouldn't close more than half way because the rail it sits in was full of mortar from when he set it in his outdoor kitchen. No wonder he's having a hard time with it- it was a mess. Also, he mortered the egg into his kitchen and it is surrounded by huge stone walls. It's like his egg is 2 feet thick and stays hot forever. He messed it up but I'm going to head over there soon and fix it all up for him.

Brisket is home with me and going on here in a few hours.

With all that stone around the egg, it made an awesome pizza oven! We did large pies in 3 minutes. We burned one to a crisp at 4 minutes. They were really good but after they were done, I put the ceramic cap on, shut the draft door as far as I could and placed foil over the rest of the door to stop airflow. It was still 550 after 3 hours at 1AM and I was well lubricated by then. Had to abort the brisky but we'll be eating it tomorrow for Father's Day

(sorry for the hijack Badong- back to the stubbs!)

• ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    Never tried the injection stuff but the Stubbs marinades are incredible.  I use the beef and chicken all the time.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• gijoejd
    gijoejd Posts: 89
    ive tried most of their stuff but not this one. They are HQ'd in my town and pretty popular with the grocery store set. It's all OK but nothing really special. I've never had anything bad from them so if you want to try it, give it a rip and let us know what you think.
    x2....except the HQ isnt in my town...
  • Never tried the injection stuff but the Stubbs marinades are incredible.  I use the beef and chicken all the time.

I'll have to try those
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    I just had Stubbs Sweet-Heat for the 1st time today and I liked it. Starts off sweet and ends w/ a lil kick at the end. Will be using again.
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    Used the Stubbs beef marinade (soaked for about 4 hours) on about 2 lbs of skirt steak today.  
    Bursting with flavor, a back-end spiciness, awesome.
    Packerland, Wisconsin