Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fathers' Day Plans

Options
2»

Comments

• burr_baby33
    burr_baby33 Posts: 503
    Options

Photo of my salt block fathers day present with 2 halibut fillets. One seasoned with pineapple head and one with raging river; both sprinkled with parmasean. Will try salmon tonight. 

• Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    Yea, I was telling my wife about this thread and laughing. She said, "those teacup pigs are soooo cute", and instantly what went through my mind was "teacup? I wonder what one of those taste like?" lol
  • mazaman
    mazaman Posts: 17
    Options
    I got a R&B combo kit from the CGS for father's day.  So brisket and baby backs on my egg.  I also have a pork butt that I need to get out of the freezer so I'll be cooking that on my COS.  Guess I'll be
    in the mood for some Brunswick stew soon.  I have a home brewed alt beer that just finished lagering, so should be a good day for all.
  • alexwolf1216
    alexwolf1216 Posts: 112
    Options
    Yea, I was telling my wife about this thread and laughing. She said, "those teacup pigs are soooo cute", and instantly what went through my mind was "teacup? I wonder what one of those taste like?" lol

=)) Nicely played.
    San Antonio, TX. LBGE.
    Wolf Studios Photography
    http://www.wolfstudiosphotography.com
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Headed to my sisters ranch house to cook for everyone on my bro-in-laws XL. Doing 4 different pizzas tonight the. Shutting her down for a brisket overnight. Can't wait! Never cooked on an XL and my bro in law needs some pointers. Should be fun.

Holy cow! Loved cooking on the XL but that thing is a blast furnace! He had it built in to a huge rock outdoor kitchen (literally mortared the egg in?) and it created a heat sink that would smelt lead once it got going. The pizzas were done in THREE MINUTES at 600 degrees. They normally take 9-11 at 600 in mine.

Then Choked it down for the brisket......was still at 550 3 hours later at 1am. Needless to say, we are eating chicken today for lunch. :)

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    Sine I post from my iPad I can't add pictures but the processor cut the head off. Was kinda disappointed. He also removed the skin. But based on cost (free) I won't complain much.

After being cleaned it weighed in at exactly 6.5 lbs

I am also doing a shoulder from a diff pig killed the same day, was closer to 50lbs before killed.

While they cool down I wil also do a full load of chicken wings.

For appetizers I'm making artichoke hearts wrapped in bacon on grill. Also making salsa made from tomotatoes, cilantro, and jalapeños from my garden.
    Boom
  • GreenhawK
    GreenhawK Posts: 398
    Options
    I just got a Propane Burner and a big pot for fathers day, so I am thinking a few pounds of shrimp along with some corn, sausage, and potatoes.  
    Large BGE Decatur, AL
  • Phoenix824
    Phoenix824 Posts: 243
    Options

Did the lasagna today    Cooked for a hour at around 400.     I added the top layer of cheese in the last 10 minutes.    Slight smoke flavor.    The lasagna was better than anything I have ever made in the oven.    Wife and kids got to it before I could take a pic.

Steve Van Wert, Ohio XL BGE
  • brianwdmn
    brianwdmn Posts: 371
    Options
    +1 on the Prime Rib. Grilled asparagus and baked potato round out the menu. Grilled Pinapple for desert.
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Filets, Wings, and grilled veggies.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    Options
    Brats, burgers, hot dogs, and a 9lb butt.
  • eggo
    eggo Posts: 492
    Options
    The whole clan is here, say 10 people. I plan to cook two large spatchcock hens, some planked salmon, and smoked sausage. The ladies are in charge of the sides, what ever they be. Will be a happy Father's day.
    Had the chicken in the fridge over night. Woke this morning to find the fridge door open. Two gallons of milk and both hens were wasted. Grandson went to get a soda and "didn't mean to" leave the door open. Thank goodness it was in our spare fridge in the garage. Plan "B" is to take everybody to pizza tonight. Their loss and mine too. Maybe next year.
    Eggo in N. MS
  • FanOfFanboys
    Options

Did the lasagna today    Cooked for a hour at around 400.     I added the top layer of cheese in the last 10 minutes.    Slight smoke flavor.    The lasagna was better than anything I have ever made in the oven.    Wife and kids got to it before I could take a pic.

Wow, looks great. I may steal that idea
    Boom
  • FanOfFanboys
    Options
    The whole clan is here, say 10 people. I plan to cook two large spatchcock hens, some planked salmon, and smoked sausage. The ladies are in charge of the sides, what ever they be. Will be a happy Father's day.
    Had the chicken in the fridge over night. Woke this morning to find the fridge door open. Two gallons of milk and both hens were wasted. Grandson went to get a soda and "didn't mean to" leave the door open. Thank goodness it was in our spare fridge in the garage. Plan "B" is to take everybody to pizza tonight. Their loss and mine too. Maybe next year.

Dang that sucks. I bet he feels terrible about it.
    Boom
  • brianwdmn
    brianwdmn Posts: 371
    Options
    That's the best part about these experiments, when they fail it's no big deal. I appreciate your attitude and not getting wrapped around the axel on these things.
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA