Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help I Need Recipe for a London Broil

Options
Retired RailRoader
Retired RailRoader Posts: 975
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My parents are coming for a visit this Friday and like all good Italian Mom's mine has decided that she needs to bring food with her. My original menu was to consist of Spatchcock chickens as well as a few other goodies. Mom has decided to bring a London Broil that I am to make on the egg. While this is not my favorite cut of meat I am looking to you "eggers" for some help in making this a memorable dish. Both my parents are not into hot (spicy) foods so any pointers or suggestions would be greatly appreaciate.
Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.

Comments

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Retired RailRoader,[p]I love grilling that cut.This is the way I do London broil.[p]After selecting a 3 lb cut I brushed with a little olive oil and sprinkled a healthy dose of Dizzy Pig's Cow-Lick Steak Seasoning.[p]LbroilrawLICK.JPG
    Get your Egg stable at 550* and throw her on. After 15 minutes, flipping 3 times, she was a good medium well.[p]
    LbroilONgrill.JPG
    LbroilDONE.JPG
    LbroilSLiced.JPG

• Rodan
    Rodan Posts: 32
    Options
    Retired RailRoader,
    I have used this recipe several times and like it. I cook the LB just like a large steak and slice thinly @ 45 degree angle to the grain.[p]Beer Marinade for London Broil
    2 cups Beer (I used Ziegen Bock)
    1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
    1/4 cup Canola Oil
    1 tsp freshly ground pepper
    1 med red onion thinly sliced
    1 Jalapeno, seeded, deviened and diced
    4 Scallions (white and green) chopped
    4 Cloves Garlic - smashed
    2 Slices fresh ginger-smashed
    1 Tbs Pickling Spice
    1 Tbs Paprika
    2 Pks. Splenda (or 2 t sugar if you prefer)
    1/2 tsp Caraway Seeds
    1 tsp Kosher or sea salt more to taste

Combine, whisk and marinate London Broil (mine went about 8 hrs.) This marinade smell great too in addition to tasting great.
    Rod