Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Apple computers users only

Options
Austin  Egghead
Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
FYI
After doing software update on my MBPro it was unable to boot up. Getting this message:
UNABLE TO FIND DRIVER FOR THIS PLATFORM ACPI. ......YOU NEED TO RESTART YOUR COMPUTER.
Seem like i am not the only one with this problem. On apple support forum for help, now I have appointment at Apple store today. Iphone ipad ok only MBPro. I do redundant backup not worried about content
Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx

Comments

• RustyBrainpan
    Options
    That issue arises whenever an update fails for one reason or the other in my experience.  Particularly if there is not enough space on the hard disk to support the entirety of the update files as they are moved from the update image file to the harddisk.  During the installation you have essentially 2 full copies of the update on your HD (the installed files and the update disk image itself) along with the original operating system and all of your user files.  You can fix it by re-installing the update, but that in and of itself is a pain, especially if you are using an update from the app store.  In the future, your should consider making a bootable backup to an external drive with something like SuperDuper.  Then if the update fails like this, you can boot from the backup and restore the machine to its previous state and then reapply the backup.  Since you have an appointment at the genius bar today, I will forgo explaining the process for reinstalling a failed update.
  • Newportlocal
    Newportlocal Posts: 474
    Options
    Yep, easier to just let the genius bar fix it.
  • alexwolf1216
    alexwolf1216 Posts: 112
    Options
    OT: I am dying for the new MacBook with retina......simply cant justify....
    San Antonio, TX. LBGE.
    Wolf Studios Photography
    http://www.wolfstudiosphotography.com
  • Adamd
    Adamd Posts: 160
    Options
    OT: I am dying for the new MacBook with retina......simply cant justify....
    While it looks cool I really want to use it in person. I currently have a higher res screen on my current laptop and the text is getting hard to read on say webpages and such because the font is just smaller unless you increase the font size. I know Apple is working on icons and the OS to work better with high res screens, but I just want to see how it is day to day tasks. Also it is crazy expensive :(
  • Austin  Egghead
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Just got back from Apple store. There were a lot sitting on the genius counter getting reloaded this afternoon. They were so inundated that my paperwork and someone named Annie got mixed up. I can't log into mine I bet she can't log into hers :-S Another stop at the genius bar tomorrow.
    First time I have ever had a download problem ....guess the law of averages found me
  • twlangan
    twlangan Posts: 307
    Options
    What update was this? I run an iMac and have not received any updates lately, but may decide to skip the one you guys are having trouble with if I see it come through...

On a side note - kind of disappointed that the iMac line did not get refreshed at WWDC. I'm running a 2007 24" iMac, still running great, but my wife's old Dell has about had it. Waiting for an iMac refresh to spring for a new one and pass this one along to her.
  • troutgeek
    troutgeek Posts: 458
    Options
    I've heard iMac changes are coming. Pretty excited about the new MBP though.
    XL BGE - Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber Smokey Joe
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Twang an the update was to install thunderbolt on the MBPro intel group. It was actually thunderbolt that caused problem. The problem has been fixed. I downloaded at the Mac store without a problem.
    In the future I will do a backup before I do any upgrades