Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

need help with my boston butt eggers....

Options
Shahdaway
Shahdaway Posts: 3
edited June 2012 in Cookbook
Hey all, I am cooking to 6.5 pound boston buts.  I put them on at 10:30 last night, and set temp to 240.  Have ET-372 and it went out of range and when I woke up at 8 morning the egg was at 275 and internal temp is at 190.  Party isn't until 4-5.  What do I do?   It hasn't reached internal temp of 195 so I shut down egg (closed all vents) to let it cool down.  Going to try and get it re-stabilized at 220 and let it finish that way?   Will that take to long and dry it out???  Should i just keep cooking at 240 and let it hit 195?  If it is ready before this early, I have no idea what to do......

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    I would get the BGE stabilized at somewhere in the 220-240*F (Dome temp) range and finish the cook.  When they are done (and each will finish at different times so check both), then wrap in foil, towels and place in a cooler.  They will easily stay hot 4-6 hours, then remove and pull when ready to consume. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.