Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wicked Good on acehardware.com

OMG Eggs
OMG Eggs Posts: 118
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Maybe this is old news, but I just saw WG on acehardware.com.  Here's the link.  It's 20.99/bag with free store delivery.  If you do a quick search, you can find a $20 off orders over $125, so 6 bags for $106+tax.

Comments

• friscoag
    friscoag Posts: 97
    I think thats a very good deal!
  • liquidicem
    liquidicem Posts: 52
    Ordered!  Thanks!
  • Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    Looks like they finally listed it on the site. Thanks for sharing.
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • krobertsmsn
    krobertsmsn Posts: 655
    Is it good lump?I don't see it listed on the reviews on Naked Whiz page.
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
  • jafenske
    jafenske Posts: 11
    6 bags on its way. Thanks for the tip. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    My ace stocks it for $19.99 a bag or I would do it.
  • MikeG
    MikeG Posts: 174
    We'll never see WG lump here in Utah so I'll try a couple bags via the link. 
  • Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    Is it good lump?I don't see it listed on the reviews on Naked Whiz page.
    Search Wicked Good on here and see what everyone is saying. There was a thread about a week ago so it's probably a few pages back. All are saying it is the best lump for long cooks. 
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    It's very good and that six bag price is a good price.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • MikeG

Yeah, what the hell.  6 bags for me at $113 shipping & tax included.  Beats hunting purchase partners for a pallet deal.

• North_Is_Up
    North_Is_Up Posts: 137
    Maybe this is old news, but I just saw WG on acehardware.com.  Here's the link.  It's 20.99/bag with free store delivery.  If you do a quick search, you can find a $20 off orders over $125, so 6 bags for $106+tax.
    I can't find the $20 off orders over $125. Would you please post a link. Great deal. Thank you.
    Small (hatched 6/13/2015)
    XL (hatched 4/21/2012)
    CyberQ Wifi, KCBS CTC CBJ
    Northern CA
  • Gadfly
    Gadfly Posts: 121
    edited June 2012

Do a search on "ace hardware coupone" in a separate browser window while you have the "cart" window open.

I don't know how it works but once I put everything in the cart and clicked on one of the the buttons in one of the links returned by my search that said "$20 off $125", the discount "magically" showed up in my cart.

This probbaly works by pushing the button puts some special cookie on your system that the ace cart application reads.

• MikeG
    Go to one of the coupon sites that offers that coupon and click "redeem" (or similar) and it will take you to the ace hardware site and the discount will be applied automatically.  There is no code you can grab and apply yourself.
  • North_Is_Up

Thanks, but I can't get the discount. Maybe it's where I live? I tried your search terms. Let me think about this one. Thanks for your help.

XL (hatched 4/21/2012)
    Northern CA
  • MikeG

Go here and click "see the coupon" icon.  Then load up your cart.

http://dealspl.us/acehardware-coupons/p_ace-hardware-off-or-more1

• gte1
    gte1 Posts: 379
    I ordered through my local store. 5 bags and they gave me a 10% discount. Came to 17.99/ bag. That's 18/22 or 82 cents per pound vs 75 cents per pound for RO. Considering burn time that's actually cheaper than RO!! They accidentally ordered twice. If anyone needs 5 bags of WG cheap and is close to Concord CA go grab em up. I should probably go back and just get them. Already have lots of lump piled up though.

George
    George
  • North_Is_Up
    Thanks, but it doesn't work for me. I see the coupon when I start, but after I fill up my cart the discount is never applied to my order when I take it all the way to the point where I would click to finalize. ZIP 96161.
    XL (hatched 4/21/2012)
    Northern CA
  • stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990

I have  question concerning wicked good for 350 degree cooks.  all I here is that is great for long cooks, but most of mine are at 350  for chicken, tenderloin, turkey, salmon, turbo ribs. 

should i use the Wicked good, or just continuw with the royal oak.?

XL   Walled Lake, MI

• WoodsDog
    WoodsDog Posts: 48
    North,

I tried with google chrome, and it didn't work either.  I tried with Firefox, and it worked.  Just a suggestion
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    It works great for everything. I think it takes a little longer to get going...others disagree. I have used it for all temperature cooks.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    It's pretty much all I use for any temp cook.
  • North_Is_Up

North,

I tried with google chrome, and it didn't work either.  I tried with Firefox, and it worked.  Just a suggestion
    Must be a zip code thing. Tried IE and just tried it with a fresh Firefox install. No go.
    XL (hatched 4/21/2012)
    Northern CA
  • WoodsDog
    WoodsDog Posts: 48
    This is a good deal, better price per pound  than I can get Royal Oak at Walmart.  Anyone order multiple orders?
  • cssmd27
    cssmd27 Posts: 345
    This is a good deal, better price per pound  than I can get Royal Oak at Walmart.  Anyone order multiple orders?

I did since your % savings is better right at 6 bags. I have yet to receive a shipping confirmation so we'll see. If they do, I may go back for more before the coupon expires.
    Dallas (University Park), Texas
  • stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990

I got my 6 bags yesterday and tried some last night.  that is great stuff.  Nice big chunks. lit fast and smoke was clear in 30 miinutes and temp was at 350 in the same.

very nice.

But it says it is made in Argentina, didn't expect that.

XL   Walled Lake, MI

• troutgeek
    troutgeek Posts: 458
    Yep. WG is South American, non-rainforest, wood. Apparently, they are very responsible manufacturers. Pretty neutral for BBQ lump, which is great for those who don't like too much smokiness. If more smoke is wanted, just add more smoking chunks/chips.
    XL BGE - Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber Smokey Joe