Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey Tetrazinni

Options
Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum

Sorry it took a few days to get this up, Mrs. G actually made it Sunday. I forgot the pictures at home Monday and Tuesday and then I left work sick yesterday.

Mrs. G actually made this all by herself, and when I say she made it all by herself, I lit the Egg. That's it. She adjusted the vents to stabilize it at 400F, she put in the placesetter and the casserole, she monitored it all while I was doing chores.

Going on the Egg at 400F (although now that I look closely at the cheese, that might have been 15 minutes in)

Side view

Plated up

Such a great way to use up leftover chicken or turkey that you previously cooked on the Egg.

I'm still not feeling that great, so I won't retype the recipe. I already put it HERE on my blog if you want to look.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• NightwingXP
    NightwingXP Posts: 448
    Options
    Looks great Griffin! She did a good job! Eggcellent way to use the Egg! Thumbs up!
    Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options

Mrs. G actually made this all by herself, and when I say she made it all by herself, I lit the Egg. That's it. 

Well, bless her heart !  Grif, my friend, that sounds pretty patronizing to me.  Yep, she did a great job, but you sound like you are amazed she was able to cook something.  My wife can cook circles around me, as can most wives.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

No, it wasn't supposed to be patronizing at all. I was just trying to get across that I didn't help any. Some households women do all the cooking, in some women do the inside and the outside is strictly man territory, and like many here, the women cook on the Egg as well (or instead of the man). I was saying that I lit it (she doesn't like the weed burner) and then I walked off. I wasn't looking over her shoulder or giving her tips at all. She usually leaves it up to me, but has cooked 2 or 3 things in the past all by herself. I'm not amazed, I'm proud of her.

And yeah, there are some things she can cook cirlces around me and vice versa.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options

Different at my house. I once watched my wife burn water. And thats the truth she wanted to make mac and cheese and left boiling water on the stove and walked away. I came home and noticed a smell and found water burned down to a hot pan and my wife in the back yard looking at her flowers.

Now when I travel I make meals for her and she uses the microwave.

Bless her Heart!

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.