Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fellow Gardeners, I need help... (pics)

Options
OLD NORTH STATE BBQ CO.
edited June 2012 in Off Topic

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

Comments

• fish8503
    fish8503 Posts: 30
    Options
    dont know what that is. never seen them eat the stalks. you put any seven dust on them?
  • OLD NORTH STATE BBQ CO.
    Options
    Yep, and it didn't work. The nursery sold me Captain Jack Organic pesticide. Seemed to work, but I can't harvest anything in the garden for several days.

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Looks more like a fungus or other plant disease than a bug.

The county agent and feed store are your friends.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• billybon
    billybon Posts: 213
    Options
    Looks like wet rot fungus.
  • fish8503
    fish8503 Posts: 30
    Options
    yeh i was kind of thinking it did not look like bugs
  • OLD NORTH STATE BBQ CO.
    Options

It may be a fungus, but some flies with red eyes are going to town on it.  You can see one of them in the second picture on the side of the stalk.  They seem to be boring into the joints of the soft plant tissue.  Never seen this before. 

Med & XL

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options

It may be a fungus, but some flies with red eyes are going to town on it.  You can see one of them in the second picture on the side of the stalk.  They seem to be boring into the joints of the soft plant tissue.  Never seen this before. 
    that could be a squash vine borer
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Humptywaspushed
    Options
    No Seven Dust!  It's kills the pollenators as well, then who will make the plant bear fruit?