Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally a pizza

Options
Renatboost
Renatboost Posts: 26
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Was wondering what all the fuss was about the egg and pizza. Well we decided to try it out and see what you all have been talking about. Made some fresh pesto from our Garden, as well as peppers and had some left over sausage from last night. Wow, crust was great and we enjoyed making this and will for sure be doing it again. Crust was awesome and we got to enjoy our new patio!

What's your favorite pizza? Do you make your own dough?

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Comments

• cssmd27
    cssmd27 Posts: 345
    Options
    Never made pizza before. Is that parchment paper? I was told to put it directly on the stone, but again I have zero experience here.
    Dallas (University Park), Texas
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options
    I will try my first pizza this week but from everything I've read, you pull the paper after a few minutes.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• Renatboost
    Renatboost Posts: 26
    Options
    It is parchment paper. Tough for me to get it to the stone without.

The only hint I would have is when you think the pizza is done on the stone, check the crust and if needed to finish the crust, cook with the lid open. Our two pizzas each had the toppings done and then just needed the crust done a while longer.

Seemed to work for us.
  • MikeP624
    MikeP624 Posts: 292
    Options
    Paper is used to help easily get the pizza onto the stone.  I personally do not use the paper, just a metal cookie sheet (no sides) with corn meal and flour.  It typically slides right off