Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

cracked fire grate

uncledave
uncledave Posts: 90
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
I have an xl that is less than 1 year old. I cleaned it out to move it and noticed the c.i. fire grate is cracked. Do they warranty this and if so do I need to wait until it breaks into pieces?

Comments

• They do warranty it. I just got a new box, grate, and ring after 8 years. They did tell me it had to be cracked through and mine were (although still intact). I took pics and my dealer had them within a week.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    +1 on CT experience.  I have had my LBGE for 15 years.  This spring the fire box cracked.  I checked with my dealer and about fainted when he told me it would be $300 for a new one.

I emailed the mothership.  Told them I bought it 15 years ago, named the place where I bought it, told them that the place went out of business, and told them that I had no idea if I had filled out warranty papers..

Got an email back to send the a pic and a mailing address.  Cost $20 to ship to me.

I was thrilled with the company for the way they handled this situation.

• Man. Pays to have a good dealer.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    +1 on CT experience.  I have had my LBGE for 15 years.  This spring the fire box cracked.  I checked with my dealer and about fainted when he told me it would be $300 for a new one.

I emailed the mothership.  Told them I bought it 15 years ago, named the place where I bought it, told them that the place went out of business, and told them that I had no idea if I had filled out warranty papers..

Got an email back to send the a pic and a mailing address.  Cost $20 to ship to me.

I was thrilled with the company for the way they handled this situation.

That's a great experience for sure. Good to hear. 
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93