Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CyberQ Wifi

mtnbikeninja
mtnbikeninja Posts: 36
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Just ordered my BBQ Guru CyberQ Wifi unit for my large...Can't wait to use it for the first time.  Does anyone have one of these and if so, did I do good with my purchase?

Comments

• Gadfly
    Gadfly Posts: 121
    See the other threads on the subject. Some of us have problem connecting it to our home network. Apparently it works with some older Access Points but not the new ones. As an example it doesn't work with my DLINK DIR-655 or DIR-825.
  • Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    Please post a review when you get it. I'm trying to decide Stoker wifi or CyberQ wifi. Thanks.
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Sgt93, I'm working on a Stoker Wifi review and then it's on to the CyberQ Wifi.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Sgt93
    Sgt93, I'm working on a Stoker Wifi review and then it's on to the CyberQ Wifi.

Awesome. Can't wait!
  • Please post a review when you get it. I'm trying to decide Stoker wifi or CyberQ wifi. Thanks.
    I am using it now and absolutely love it.  No complaints at all.
  • See the other threads on the subject. Some of us have problem connecting it to our home network. Apparently it works with some older Access Points but not the new ones. As an example it doesn't work with my DLINK DIR-655 or DIR-825.
    I am using a Linkssy E1200 router and the infrastructure wifi setup was a breeze.  Granted I am a IT geek.
  • Sgt93
    I'm using a Linksys WRT310N, will this be an easy setup?
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    The only hard part is trying to figure out what your router calls port forwarding (it should be "port forwarding" and permanently assigning an IP address to a MAC address.  On my newer Linksys, the assigning of a MAC address to an IP address is found under DHCP reservation, I think. The cyberQ can tell you its MAC address when you are in ad hoc mode, so finding it out is easy.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Sgt93
    Good deal.