Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

drip pans

uncledave
uncledave Posts: 90
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
does anyone make drip pans to fit the plate setters of the various egg sizes? A pan just a 1/2" smaller in diameter and just short enough to fit under the grid would be awesome.

Comments

• rambrose
    rambrose Posts: 23
    I saw a utube video from the guitar guy that sells BGE and he sold drip pans that fit the large egg on top if the pacesetter perfect
  • Check out ceramicgrillstore.com. They sell several sizes of drip pans.
  • DIXIEDOG
    DIXIEDOG Posts: 109
    A place like Sam's, BJ's. or Cotsco....all sell various aluminum foil pans pretty cheap.....I prefer to use them because I don't have to bother clean them up....I just wait til they cool and toss them out.   I bought a few dozen at Iparty around Thanksgiving last year because they were 50% off.
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    edited May 2012
    I use that broiler pan thing that's in the bottom drawer that you get with every oven you buy.  Put heavy duty foil over it.  When you're done, throw the foil in the garbage and it's clean and ready to go for next time.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• uncledave
    uncledave Posts: 90
    I just ordered the 18" drip pan from the ceramic grill store. Thanks for the info.
  • Mattlock
    Mattlock Posts: 64
    Is 18" too big for the Large? I know it will fit, but will it leave enough room for air flow?
    Newbie Egghead - Just got a LBGE at the Georgia Eggfest! Life is Good!
  • I have the 18 inch drip pan, but I use it on my XL.  It would be too big for a large.  There is a smaller size for the large.  I think it is a 13 inch pan.

• jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Check out the round cake pans at www.fantes.com, a century-old cookware shop in Philly. I got the 15-inch pan and it fits inside the large plate setter perfectly. I use the aluminum pans only when doing turkey; I like to put a lot of liquid underneath for smoked broth.  
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia