Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The 2nd Annual Georgia Mountain Eggfest

egret
egret Posts: 4,168
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
is in the books!  We had cooks from all over the country and Canada putting out some amazing dishes all day. The final figures were 100 cooks and approx. 1200 total attendees. The dealer (Hiawassee Hardware in Hiawassee, GA) sold 74 Big Green Eggs! Thank you to all the great cooks and the enthusiastic tasters. A special thanks to our class instructors : Kim Youngblood (vidalia1), Mike Storno (Pork Butt Mike), Chris Capell (Nature Boy) and Gene Skillin (Crimsongator). You guys conducted some great class sessions that were both interesting and informative. 
The weather cooperated again this year!!  
Here's one of the shots Paul Massey took yesterday : 

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Amazing event John, and a special thanks to you, your vision, and all who you had involved that worked so hard to get the cooks anything they needed, as well as blowing the minds of everyone who was just there to taste and experience the wonders of the Egg. 

Gail, Heather and I had a total blast, and it was a great reminder of how many great friends we have.
    You de mang!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • gatorBGE
    gatorBGE Posts: 81
    Had a great time, thanks to all the cooks, Chris, learned quite a few new tricks in your duck class, not just for the duck, thanks for helping a relative newb (<1 year eggsperience)  We will def be back.
    Large Egg October 2011
    MiniMax December 2014
  • Mattlock
    Mattlock Posts: 64
    I purchased a Large Demo Egg and my wife and I had a great time at the event.  As total BGE newbs (no friends with Eggs) we have a lot to learn, but I felt comfortable enough after the classes and many conversations with the cooks that the next day (Sunday) I direct cooked a 3 pound pork loin just to test out my skills, practice keeping a temp and all that and my wife and I agreed it was the best I've ever made.

Great job to all who helped!
    Newbie Egghead - Just got a LBGE at the Georgia Eggfest! Life is Good!
  • wallyjar
    wallyjar Posts: 123
    Picked up a medium egg to go with my large.

Great time at the fest.  Great recipes. Great cooks and great tasters.
  • timswife
    timswife Posts: 2

We had so much fun! This was our first one, and my husband definately wants to cook next year!

Thanks to everyone!

Tim and Jenn Davis (the campers :)