Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ Guru

Options
War_Eagle_2244
War_Eagle_2244 Posts: 122
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum

I have a large Egg and would like to get one of these devices but I'm not exactly sure of what all I need.  The website is a little confusing.  Seems like you have to order all the parts individually?  I have seen pictures on here where the digital display has the BGE logo on it.  Where would you get one of those?  Any advice is appreciated.  Thanks!  

Comments

• Smoker_Guru
    Smoker_Guru Posts: 372
    Options
    Just give them a call (800-288-GURU (4878)). They have great customer support and will set you up with exactly what you need.

• troutgeek
    troutgeek Posts: 458
    edited May 2012
    Options
    The DX2 version, with the BGE logo, can be purchased from your BGE dealer. The only difference is the logo. It contains the 10 cfm blower, which works for medium thru XL eggs.
    XL BGE - Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber Smokey Joe
  • xraypat23
    xraypat23 Posts: 421
    Options
    Honestly they're pretty pricey and the egg is very good at maintaining solid temps. I bought an IQUE 110 temp controller. $150 shipped with the egg adapter, works like it's supposed to. Set the temp once you have the egg going, and it does the rest. Look into them, I'm very happy with mine. www.pitmasterique.com

• michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    Options
    I bought the dx2 from my local dealer, talked them down to $279, it came with the pit viper (10cfm) and the ceramic adapter as it was packaged for the egg. I told them $279 was the online price, and they matched it without hassle.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• lemonade
    lemonade Posts: 93
    Options
    Also have the DX2.  What a gem.  I have no regrets paying  that kind of money for how well the thing works.  I can understand why some may call it cheating.   lol
    Is it done yet? Is it done yet?
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    War Eagle,  I have reviews on my website of all the major controllers except for the PartyQ, the Wireless Stoker and the Wireless Cyber Q from BBQ Guru.  They may help you decide.  Here's a link to my product review page: Product Reviews

Good luck!
    The Naked Whiz
  • Gadfly
    Gadfly Posts: 121
    Options
    War Eagle,  I have reviews on my website of all the major controllers except for the PartyQ, the Wireless Stoker and the Wireless Cyber Q from BBQ Guru.  They may help you decide.  Here's a link to my product review page: Product Reviews

Good luck!

I like to see your review of Wireless Guru (and comparing the wireless set up to Wireless Stoker).

Maybe I can learn how to set up Wireless Guru in infrastructure mode (I tried and faild and I -am- a networkign guy).

Please???!!!